India, Czech Republic target $2 bn trade in 2012October 10th, 2011 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 10 (IANS) India and the Czech Republic Monday agreed to liberalise business visa regime and expand bilateral trade to $2 billion in 2012 from the current year’s estimate of $1.3 billion.
Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma held talks here with Czech Republic Minister of Trade and Industry Martin Kocourek, who is leading a 50-member high-level business delegation to India.
During the meeting, the two ministers agreed to “take bilateral trade to $2 billion by 2012 from the current level of $1.3 billion which in itself is an increase of 26 percent from the earlier year”, according to an official statement released after the meeting.
The two ministers also agreed to liberalise business visa regime to facilitate the flow of trade and investments.
Sharma suggested that long-term business visa should be issued on recommendations of industry chambers.
“There is a great potential to improve the width and depth of economic engagement between the two countries especially in the areas of information technology, pharmaceuticals, textiles and energy,” Sharma said.
The Czech minister said that “visa regime needs to be addressed more forcefully and informed the Indian side that next week their government will discuss Investment Incentive Act for the Czech Republic and corresponding resolution of visa related issues will form part of the discussion”.
- India, Italy agree to ease business visa norms - Feb 28, 2012
- India, South Africa CEOs seek removal of trade barriers - Aug 29, 2011
- India, Pakistan trade can reach $10 bn by 2015: CII - Feb 09, 2012
- India, Pakistan to double bilateral trade, liberalise visa regime - Sep 29, 2011
- Pakistan commerce minister in India September-end, MFN likely - Sep 05, 2011
- India, Pakistan agree to open more trade routes - Apr 14, 2012
- France to invest $13 billion in India by 2012 - Dec 06, 2010
- India, Pakistan agree to ease trade, visa norms - Feb 15, 2012
- Argentina buys Indian pharma products worth $200 million - May 04, 2011
- 'India-Italy trade at 15 billion euros by 2015' - Oct 31, 2011
- India seeks New Zealand's technology, investment - Jun 28, 2011
- India, South Korea target doubling trade by 2014 - Jan 20, 2011
- India, South Africa business forum meets in Delhi Monday - Aug 28, 2011
- Free trade agreement with New Zealand soon: Anand Sharma - May 10, 2011
- India, Pakistan must remove barriers to boost trade: Ficci - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: anand sharma, areas of information technology, bilateral trade, business delegation, czech minister, czech republic, economic engagement, great potential, incentive act, industry minister, investment incentive, kocourek, level business, long term business visa, New Delhi, pharmaceuticals, target 2, term business, textiles, visa regime