India clears bids for 44 hydrocarbon exploration blocksNovember 20th, 2008 - 4:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 20 (IANS) India Thursday approved a set of 44 hydrocarbon blocks to be awarded to bidders in the latest round of auction, with contracts to share production with state-run oil companies expected to be signed within a month.The approval for the award of contracts under the seventh round of what is called the new exploration licensing policy (NELP) was given during the meeting of the cabinet committee on economic affairs, presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here.
“The total investment for Phase-I of exploration for these 44 blocks is about $1.5 billion,” Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) Prithviraj Chavan told reporters after the meeting.
“It is expected that the award of blocks under NELP-VII will result in more discoveries and further investments in the development of oil fields, leading to higher reserves accretion and eventually, production of oil and gas,” Chavan added.
The meeting also decided that in view of a very low score for a Mumbai basin deepwater block, the sole bidder should be denied a contract as it would be detrimental to the government’s interests in terms of future profits.
- India clears bids for 44 hydrocarbon exploration blocks (Lead) - Nov 20, 2008
- Government inks production sharing contract for 5th oil block - Sep 10, 2012
- Cabinet approves $2.18 bn investment in Venezuela oil block - Mar 19, 2010
- Bidders response to India's new oil, gas blocks was satisfactory: Jaipal Reddy - Mar 28, 2011
- New oil blocks up for auction with no more tax breaks - Oct 15, 2010
- Government to set up board for project clearance - Jul 19, 2012
- Centre signs 31 contracts under New Exploration Licensing Policy - Jun 30, 2010
- India relaunches auction of areas for oil and natural gas exploration - Aug 08, 2009
- KG basin gas output 31 percent lower - Aug 02, 2011
- India to offer 34 oil, gas blocks for auction - Oct 08, 2010
- ONGC signs new oil and gas block contracts - Jun 30, 2010
- BP announces $7.2 billion partnership in India - Feb 21, 2011
- Auction of oil and gas blocks under NELP IX soon - Mar 20, 2010
- ONGC to invest $174 mn in Myanmar - Oct 29, 2009
- Cabinet approves three-year drilling moratorium for oil explorers - Jul 08, 2010