India clears 20 FDI proposals worth $373 millionJanuary 10th, 2012 - 7:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 10 (IANS) The Indian government Tuesday approved 20 foreign direct investment (FDI) proposals, including those of Sterlite Grid and TV Vision, amounting Rs.1,935.24 crore ($373 million), to improve investor sentiment further.
The proposals were cleared following recommendations of the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) at its meeting Dec 23, 2011, the finance ministry said in a statement.
FDI is considered stable in comparison to foreign institutional investor (FII) funds which are called “hot money”.
After two months of decline, India saw $2.53 billion of FDI in November last year against $1.62 billion in the same month of 2010.
The government cleared Sterlite Grid’s Rs.1,150 crore proposal to act as an investing company. It also allowed Equitas Micro Finance’s Rs.230.70 crore proposal for demerging its microfinance business with its wholly owned subsidiary.
Mumbai-based TV Vision’s Rs.200 crore proposal to induct foreign investment by way of issuing equity shares through an initial public offering (IPO) for a non-news and current affairs television channel had also been approved, said the ministry in a statement.
The ministry, however, deferred 23 proposals, including those of Rossell Aviation, Veritas (India) and Aptuit Laurus.
It rejected 10 proposls, including those of Pomelo Infra Projects, Flemingo Dutyfree Shop and Springer Editorial Services.
A proposal of G4S Security Services for induction of foreign equity to carry out the business of providing security services has been withdrawn from the agenda and another of MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions has been noted.
In the case of Omnimedia SL’s proposal to undertake the business of publishing and printing of scientific and technical magazines and circulation of their digital versions that did not involve any fresh flow of money, the applicant was advised to approach the information and broadcasting ministry.
- Government okays FDI proposals worth Rs.4,341 crore - Jan 13, 2011
- Govt okays 19 FDI proposals worth $959 million (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- India approves Walt Disney's Rs.1,000 crore investment - Aug 23, 2012
- Karnataka lags behind in attracting FDI: Assocham - Aug 28, 2012
- India clears 22 FDI proposals worth $112.5 million - Apr 20, 2012
- Government okays 14 FDI proposals worth Rs.1,584 crore - Jul 24, 2012
- 16 FDI proposals worth over $20 million accepted - Jun 07, 2011
- Eight FDI proposals approved - Dec 15, 2010
- Govt okays FDI proposals worth Rs.2,727 crore - Sep 23, 2010
- Karnataka gets Rs.5-trillion worth investment proposals (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- 24 foreign investment proposals worth Rs.1,412 crore approved - May 19, 2010
- India okays 18 FDI proposals - Aug 17, 2011
- Rs.4,900 crore FDI in renewable energy sector - Aug 26, 2011
- Government amends rules to toughen entry for TV channels - Oct 07, 2011
- 24 percent cap on FDI by international airlines proposed - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: equitas, fdi proposals, finance ministry, fipb, foreign investment promotion board, fresh flow, g4s security services, hot money, initial public offering, initial public offering ipo, institutional investor, investing company, investment promotion board, investor sentiment, issuing equity, micro finance, rs 200, technical magazines, telecom solutions, tv vision