India, Brazil discuss cooperation in hydrocarbons sectorOctober 15th, 2008 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 15 (IANS) India and Brazil Wednesday discussed ways to enhance cooperation in the hydrocarbons sector.The issue was discussed when the Brazilian minister for development, industry and foreign trade, Miguel Jorge, called up on Petroleum Minister Murli Deora.
“During the meeting, the two ministers discussed measures to strengthen further ties of cooperation between the two countries in the oil and gas sector,” said a government statement.
India’s main overseas oil exploration company, ONGC Videsh Ltd, has already made significant investments in Brazil, where it has three offshore blocks.
Additionally, ONGC and Brazil’s Petrobras have an agreement for swapping participating interests in any three blocks held by either. The two firms are also working jointly on an Colombian oil block.
Similarly, Bharat Petro Resource, a subsidiary of oil major Bharat Petroleum Corp,has also acquired 10 offshore petroleum blocks in Brazil last month in partnership with Videocon Industries.
“During their meeting, the ministers exchanged views on the use of ethanol in the transport sector,” the statement added.
- India, Brazil discuss enhancing cooperation in Oil and Gas sector - Oct 15, 2008
- ONGC Videsh inks deal with PetroVietnam - Oct 12, 2011
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
- India, Angola sign deal for hydrocarbon sector - Nov 02, 2010
- India, Russia to increase hydrocarbon cooperation - Dec 21, 2010
- ONGC-led consortium to invest $3 billion in Venezuela - Jul 11, 2012
- Deora calls on Vietnamese Prime Minister - Jul 22, 2010
- India's interests growing in African oil, gas assets - Sep 04, 2011
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- Petrobras finds oil signs during deepwater exploration - Oct 28, 2010
- India keen to invest in Sudan's oil projects - Oct 30, 2010
- India, Kazakhstan to unveil roadmap for strategic ties - Apr 16, 2011
- China will not accept provocative action in South China Sea: Official - Jun 26, 2012
- India keen to invest more in Sudan's oil sector - Oct 30, 2010