India approves 26 foreign equity proposals worth $200 mnMarch 26th, 2009 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) A proposal from top international events broadcaster Neo Sports and another from the US construction equipment giant John Deere were among 26 applications for foreign investment worth Rs.1,043 crore (nearly $200 million) approved by the government.
Neo Sports seeks to induct foreign equity worth Rs.258.53 crore in its Mumbai-based arm that is engaged in uplinking and broadcast of non-news and current affairs programmes.
The approvals were based on the recommendations of the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), an official release said Thursday, adding nine others were deferred and three more rejected.
John Deere seeks to infuse equity worth Rs.84 crore to set up a joint venture in the country to manufacture, market and distribute all types of construction equipment.
This apart, DNATA of the UAE seeks to bring in Rs.84 crore for a joint venture to provide ground handling solutions at airports, as also engage in cargo handling and related services.
This proposal, too, has been given the green signal.
The proposals that were rejected include two from Canada - one from the Bank of Nova Scotia to engage in wholesale trade and hedging of precious metals, and the second from MD group in the hospitality business.
($1 equals Rs.50 approximately)
- Government okays FDI proposals worth Rs.4,341 crore - Jan 13, 2011
- Govt okays FDI proposals worth Rs.2,727 crore - Sep 23, 2010
- Govt okays 19 FDI proposals worth $959 million (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Government amends rules to toughen entry for TV channels - Oct 07, 2011
- 16 FDI proposals worth over $20 million accepted - Jun 07, 2011
- India approves Walt Disney's Rs.1,000 crore investment - Aug 23, 2012
- Government okays 14 FDI proposals worth Rs.1,584 crore - Jul 24, 2012
- India clears 20 FDI proposals worth $373 million - Jan 10, 2012
- Broadcasters will be consulted on new TV guidelines: Soni - Oct 10, 2011
- India clears 22 FDI proposals worth $112.5 million - Apr 20, 2012
- 24 foreign investment proposals worth Rs.1,412 crore approved - May 19, 2010
- Eight FDI proposals approved - Dec 15, 2010
- Foreign investment proposals worth Rs.74.61 crore okayed - Sep 08, 2009
- Telenor moves company law board to protect India investment - Feb 27, 2012
- Foreign investment proposals worth Rs.4,550 cr approved - Dec 01, 2009
Tags: bank of nova scotia, broadcaster, cargo handling, construction equipment, crore, foreign investment promotion board, handling solutions, hospitality business, investment promotion board, investment worth, john deere, joint venture, md group, neo sports, New Delhi, news and current affairs, precious metals, related services, rs 1, wholesale trade