India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperationOctober 31st, 2010 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 31 (IANS) Petroleum Minister Murli Deora and his Angolan counterpart Jose Maria Botelho de Vasconcelos Sunday agreed to sign a memorium of understanding (MoU) that will speed up cooperation between the two countries in the hydrocarbon sector.
Deora sought more crude oil supply from the African nation on term contract at the bilateral meeting, which the Angolan minister agreed to consider, a statement released by the petroleum and natural gas ministry said.
“The Indian side also expressed its interest in pursuing investments in the upstream projects,” the statement said.
It stated that public sector companies, led by ONGC Videsh Ltd (OVL), are looking forward to the forthcoming round of exploration blocks, along with bilateral projects.
Indian Oil Corporation is also exploring the possibility of participating in refinery projects, the statement added.
India also expressed interest in sourcing liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Angola.
GAIL and Petronet LNG Ltd would hold discussions with Angolan companies to explore possibilities. India has also offered training facilities to the oil personnel of Angola.
After the bilateral meeting, Deora inaugurated the 2010 Petrotech Exhibition, showcasing the latest technology of both Indian and international oil and gas companies.
The minister was accompanied by Minister of State for Petroleum Jitin Prasad and visiting ministers from Angola and Sudan.
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- India, Angola to sign deal on hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- India, Angola agree for cooperation in hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- India, Angola sign deal for hydrocarbon sector - Nov 02, 2010
- India interested in Exxon Mobil's Angola block - Nov 01, 2010
- India keen to invest in Sudan's oil projects - Oct 30, 2010
- India holds bilateral talks with Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Canada - Nov 03, 2010
- ONGC Videsh inks deal with PetroVietnam - Oct 12, 2011
- Firms keen on JVs for oil, gas exploration in Africa: Reddy - Dec 09, 2011
- ONGC to develop gas fields in Iran - Dec 02, 2009
- India has not withdrawn from Vietnamese oil block: Minister - Aug 18, 2012
- India seeks more gas, oil from Qatar - Apr 02, 2012
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- India, Russia to increase hydrocarbon cooperation - Dec 21, 2010
- Russia's Gazprom to supply LNG to India - Jul 21, 2011
Tags: african nation, bilateral projects, crude oil supply, exploration blocks, gas lng, hydrocarbon sector, indian oil, indian oil corporation, international oil, liquefied natural gas, memorium, murli deora, oil and gas companies, ongc videsh, ovl, petroleum sector, petronet lng ltd, petrotech, public sector companies, sector cooperation