India added 22.62 million mobile users in DecemberFebruary 10th, 2011 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 10 (IANS) India added 22.62 million mobile phone subscribers in December, taking the total number of cellular users in the country to 752.19 million till Dec 31, official data said.According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), the wireless phone user base grew 3.10 percent in December 2010, from 729.57 million in November.
But the report said that in December the total number of active subscribers was only 529.22 million.
The growth in wireless phone category was led by Reliance Communication with an addition of 3.3 million users, 14.54 percent of the country’s net addition in December, taking its user base to 125.65 million.
Telecom giant Bharti Airtel followed next with an addition of over 3.1 million subscribers accounting for 13.71 percent of the net addition in December, taking its total number of subscribers to 152.5 million
Vodafone stood at the third spot with an addition of 3 million subscribers, taking its total subscriber base to 124.26 million. State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) added 2.98 million subscribers and thus has 86.71 million subscribers.
Other telecom players such as Idea Cellular performed remarkably well with the addition of 2.95 million users, closely followed by Uninor, which added 2.31 million users. This took their total subscriber base to 81.78 million and 18.51 million respectively.
According to the data, the broadband subscriber base grew 1.88 percent from 10.71 million in November to 10.92 million in December 2010.
However, the wireline segment declined marginally from 35.19 million in November to 35.09 million at the end of December 2010.
- India's mobile phone users grow to 729.57 million - Jan 25, 2011
- GSM phone subscribers grow 3.25 percent in December - Jan 19, 2011
- Bharti Airtel denies inflating subscriber numbers - Feb 11, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 893.84 mn - Jan 30, 2012
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- Tata Teleservices loses 4.4 mn subscribers in November - Jan 09, 2012
- India's mobile subscribers at 771.18 million - Mar 04, 2011
- India's mobile connections at 687.71 million (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Uninor leads India to 903.73 mn mobile subscribers - Mar 06, 2012
- India adds 13 mn GSM subscribers in January - Feb 17, 2011
- India now has 858.4 million mobile phone subscribers - Sep 09, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base crosses 865.7 mn - Oct 20, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 919.17 million in March - May 03, 2012
- India adds 14.5 million GSM subscribers in March - Apr 15, 2011
- India's GSM phone subscribers grow 3.4 percent in November - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: 31 million, 5 million, bharti airtel, bsnl, cellular users, idea cellular, million subscribers, mobile phone subscribers, mobile users, New Delhi, reliance communication, report said that, sanchar nigam ltd, segment, subscriber base, telecom giant, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, trai, vodafone