India a leading market for PepsiCo : NooyiNovember 9th, 2009 - 7:23 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 9 (ANI): Indra Nooyi, the Chairman and Chief Executive of PepsiCo today said that India is among the top three markets for the company.
PepsiCo has grown by over 50 percent in the third quarter (Q3) of calendar year 2009, with net income rising to $ 1.72 billion, said Nooyi after holding discussions with Indian Trade Minister Anand Sharma earlier in the day.
India will continue to be a top market for PepsiCo in the long run, she added.
“India is in the top two-three markets for every company in the world because India is a young country, India is a growing country, India is a well managed country. So for PepsiCo, it is one of the top three markets, top three growth markets. And we intend to be here for a long time. Most importantly we just cross a billion sales in India and we are very proud of our business here,” said Indra Nooyi, the CEO of PepsiCo.
PepsiCo has posted 35 percent growth in the last quarter.
Nooyi is in India to attend the ongoing India Economic Summit in New Delhi. (ANI)
- Indra Nooyi gets a raise, makes $17 mn in 2011 - Mar 24, 2012
- India-US ties can create more jobs: Indra Nooyi - Nov 06, 2010
- McGraw Hill chief to head India-US trade body - Mar 30, 2010
- Indra Nooyi among top 15 Fortune 500 women CEOs - Jul 09, 2009
- Pepsi to roll out 'drinkable' fruit snack 'Tripolis' in bid to expand - Dec 30, 2010
- NourishCo hopes for Rs.700 crore business - Feb 10, 2012
- Indra Nooyi is again Fortune's most powerful woman - Sep 30, 2010
- Beverage makers set for summer war in $10 bn market - Apr 09, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi ranked world's sixth most powerful woman - Aug 22, 2012
- India most important future market for PepsiCo, says Nooyi - Nov 10, 2009
- Indra Nooyi, Sanjay Jha among highest paid CEOs in US: Report - May 10, 2011
- Nooyi, Jha, Pandit among US' top-paid CEOs: Report - Nov 16, 2010
- Indra Nooyi ranked fourth on Fortune 500 Women CEOs list - Apr 21, 2009
- Indra Nooyi second most powerful woman in US business - Oct 01, 2011
- US business pleased with Obama's approach to trade with India - Nov 07, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,