‘Incredible India’ film wins more awardsApril 26th, 2010 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) The ‘Incredible India’ promotional film has been conferred two awards this month, including the Gold Award, at the New York Film Festival.
The ministry of tourism had launched an international media campaign in the print, electronic and web media in overseas markets to promote India as a tourist destination.
“Recently, in April 2010, the film was honoured yet again with an award for the Best Adventure Film at the Film Festival in Riga, Latvia and with the Gold Award at the New York Film Festival,” said a ministry statement issued here Monday.
The promotional film has won the ministry several accolades at various international film festivals in the past, including the Austrian Comite International Des Festivals du Film Touristique 2009 Grand Prix Award in Vienna in November 2009.
The film has been shown on all major international television channels, including CNN, BBC, National Geographic and the Discovery channel.
The film was produced for the tourism ministry by the Experience India Society and was conceptualized, shot and edited by Nirvana Films, Bangalore.
- Incredible India campaign scores, tourism hopes soar - Nov 17, 2009
- IFFI to be part of Incredible India campaign: Official - Nov 12, 2011
- Incredible India campaign to hit domestic market soon - Dec 03, 2009
- Mexican director's debut film competes at Tokyo festival - Oct 24, 2011
- Young BMX rider dies after crash - Jul 01, 2012
- 'Incredible India' campaign wins award in Austria - Nov 14, 2009
- India to soon get a film commission (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Animation filmmaker Gitanjali Rao on Cannes' Kodak Award Jury - Apr 30, 2011
- Film shoots could boost tourism in India: Minister - Nov 26, 2011
- Foreign exposure pushes independent films in India (Feature) - May 06, 2012
- UAE films honoured at New York festival - Apr 16, 2011
- Kerala, Gujarat tourism promos target different segments: Piyush Pandey - Oct 09, 2010
- India's no show at 64th Cannes Film Festival - Apr 15, 2011
- Kerala director to spend IFFI prize money on Oscar promotion - Dec 03, 2011
- Kerala Tourism promo wins prestigious award - May 12, 2011
Tags: adventure film, cnn, cnn bbc, comite international, discovery channel, experience india, gold award, incredible india, india film, india society, international film festivals, international television, ministry of tourism, ministry statement, new york film, new york film festival, overseas markets, television channels, tourism ministry, york film festival