Increase incentives to mutual fund distributors: SEBIJune 22nd, 2011 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 22 (IANS) Expressing concern over the recent slowdown in mutual fund industry, market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Wednesday said distributors should be given incentives to boost growth.
“With the number of folios declining and small town sales reducing, there is a need to give incentives to distributors,” SEBI chairman U.K. Sinha said at the Mutual Fund Summit organised here by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
“Unless incentives are given to distributors, it will be difficult to increase penetration of the industry and help its potential for transferring gains of the economy to the remote corners of the country,” he said.
Sinha said the SEBI was working on a regulation that would help boost growth of the mutual fund industry.
“SEBI is looking into distributor regulation, but not in disruptive manner. It will be for limited number of large distributor and will be a disclosure based system,” he said.
“If we set the rules of games and apply it uniformly, it will help the industry,” the SEBI chief added.
- Government assures help to revive mutual fund business - Jul 02, 2012
- Mutual funds should come out with simpler products: Bhave - Jun 23, 2010
- Firms non-compliant with SEBI norms to face action - May 07, 2012
- SEBI planning more grievance and arbitration centres - Dec 17, 2011
- Discussing changes in GDR rules to curb misuse: SEBI chief - Oct 15, 2011
- Manufacturing policy is designed to create jobs: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- CII lauds capital markets reforms - Aug 31, 2011
- Relax investment norms for private equity funds: CII - Aug 21, 2011
- India Inc says cheers to surprise interest rates cut (Second Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Need better standards in electronics manufacturing: CII - Sep 25, 2011
- India Inc welcomes rate cut - Apr 17, 2012
- Rationalise direct taxes to mitigate slowdown effects: CII - Feb 14, 2010
- M&A; regulations need reforms: CII - Jun 19, 2011
- Small investors should not directly trade in equities: SEBI - May 19, 2012
- Maharashtra to encourage 'green' industrial projects - Feb 03, 2012
Tags: cii, confederation of indian industry, disclosure, disruptive manner, economy, exchange board, games, incentives, market regulator, mumbai, mutual fund industry, penetration, sebi chief, securities and exchange, securities and exchange board of india, sinha, slowdown, summit