Income Tax offices to remain open SaturdayMarch 30th, 2012 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 30 (IANS) Income Tax offices across the country will remain open Saturday, March 31, the last day of the current financial year, to facilitate filing of income returns, the finance ministry said Friday.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) issued an order directing all the Income Tax offices to remain open on Saturday.
The receipts counters will work during normal office hours.
The CBDT has also directed Income Tax offices to make special arrangements by way of opening additional receipt counters to facilitate the taxpayers in filing their returns of income conveniently, the finance ministry said in a statement.
- E-filing of returns must for people earning over Rs.10 lakh - Jul 02, 2012
- Tax sleuths to verify high-value transactions - Jan 18, 2012
- Employees earning up to Rs.5 lakh annually exempt from filing tax return - Jul 20, 2012
- Fiscal deficit management need of the hour: Pranab - Jan 14, 2012
- Small mistake can lead to long delays in tax refunds - Jul 23, 2012
- Compulsory disclosure of overseas assets irks taxpayers - Jun 07, 2012
- File income tax return online: It's easier, secure - Jul 16, 2012
- Now you can call an expert home for filing IT return - Jul 24, 2012
- Comments invited on new tax rules, PM to take final call (Second lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- No tax returns on salaries up to Rs.5 lakh - Jun 23, 2011
- Vodafone was told about tax liability in Hutchison deal - May 02, 2012
- Tax cases settled before April 1 won't be reopened: Mukherjee - May 30, 2012
- IT department freezes accounts of Mahindra Satyam (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Chandigarh region records 38 percent income tax growth - May 18, 2011
- Govt invites comments on GAAR, PM to take final call (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012