Income tax exemption limit raised to Rs.2 lakhMarch 16th, 2012 - 4:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 16 (IANS) The tax exemption limit for individuals has been hiked to Rs.2 lakh from the current Rs.1.8 lakh, while the tax slabs have been re-jigged to provide relief to tax payers.
Presenting the union budget for 2012-13 in the Lok Sabha, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said the upper limit for the 20 percent tax slab would be increased to Rs.10 lakh.
“I propose to enhance the exemption limit for individual from Rs.1.80 lakh to Rs.2 lakh. I also propose to raise the upper limit of the 20 percent tax slab from Rs.8 lakh to Rs.10 lakh,” Mukherjee said.
“This measure will provide a tax relief of Rs.2,000 to every taxpayer of this category,” Mukherjee said.
The new tax slab for the coming fiscal will be 10 percent tax for income above Rs.2 lakh and up to Rs.5 lakh, 20 percent for above Rs.5 lakh and up to Rs.10 lakh, and 30 percent for income above Rs.10 lakh.
- Income tax exemption limit raised to Rs.2 lakh (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Mukherjee's budget promises tax relief, subsidy cut, reforms (Fourth Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Income tax exemption limit raised to Rs.1.8 lakh (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Mukherjee puts money in one pocket, takes out from others (Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- Budget sops welcomed by young and old alike - Feb 28, 2011
- India defers GAAR by a year (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Prominent highlights of 2012-13 budget - Mar 16, 2012
- Panel proposes hiking income tax exemption limit to Rs.3 lakh - Mar 09, 2012
- Gains and losses from Budget 2012-13 - Mar 16, 2012
- Direct Taxes Code bill tabled in Lok Sabha - Aug 30, 2010
- Income tax exemption limit raised to Rs.1.8 lakh - Feb 28, 2011
- DTC may result in Rs.53,000 crore revenue loss - Aug 30, 2010
- Budget highlights 8 - Mar 16, 2012
- Mukherjee to present Budget 2011 with focus on infrastructure, tax liability - Feb 27, 2011
- Budget blues: People not impressed (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,