Impressive rise in tourists arrivalsMarch 8th, 2011 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 8 (IANS) The number of foreign tourists coming to India in February was higher than during the corresponding period last year, registering a growth rate of 15.1 percent, a tourism ministry statement said Tuesday.
According to the ministry, 6.92 lakh foreign tourists arrived in India in February. It was 6.01 lakh in February 2010.
The growth rate in February last year was 22.7 percent higher compared to 2009 figures, the statement added.
Further, the number of foreign tourists arriving in the period January-February 2011 was 12.30 lakh, showing a growth of 12.7 percent over the same period in 2010.
- This April saw 18 percent more tourists than last - May 06, 2011
- More foreign tourists this June than last year - Jul 08, 2011
- Foreign tourist arrivals jump in November - Dec 06, 2010
- Foreign tourist arrivals on the rise in India - Jul 10, 2012
- Foreign tourist arrivals up in India - Aug 08, 2011
- Foreign tourist arrivals up in September - Oct 10, 2011
- Seven percent increase in foreign tourists in March - Apr 08, 2011
- Foreign exchange earnings from tourism surge 50 percent - Feb 06, 2012
- India gets more foreign tourists in April - May 07, 2010
- Over nine percent growth in tourist arrivals in October - Nov 06, 2010
- 5.6 lakh tourists visited India in October - Nov 08, 2011
- Over four lakh tourists visited India in August - Sep 13, 2011
- Foreign, domestic tourism rises in India - Jul 03, 2012
- 75,606 foreign tourist arrivals during CWG - Oct 19, 2010
- India sees rise in tourist figures, courtesy Games - Oct 05, 2010