Illinois Department Of Revenue Fails To Receive Tax Returns On DeadlineApril 15th, 2010 - 7:21 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Illinois, Apr 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Illinois Department of Revenue has declared that even though the day has come to file the tax returns, the filings still have not been completed by a huge number of residents of the state of Illinois. The last date for the filings is on Apr 15, and yet, this time it seems that most of the Illinoisans would have to ask for an extension. On the other hand, there has been an increase in the number of online tax filings, which, according to the Illinois Revenue Department, has increased by about 2 percent. Numerically, this means that almost 2 million more residents of Illinois are filing their tax returns online this year.
Regarding the increase in the application for extensions, the Department feels that it is not very unexpected, given that a huge number of the residents of the state are still out of work, with a large percentage of the country still reeling under the unemployment that set in with the recession. Now, even though the country is gradually recovering from the sorry state of affairs, things are not much better in most of the states, with Illinois being no exception.
The other reason for the tax returns not yet being filed is the unemployment benefit, which is excluded from taxes in many states, including Illinois. Unemployment being huge, many of the taxpayers have not had to pay their taxes as it got included in the unemployment benefits that they received, as part of the economic stimulus package of the federal government. This also means that applications for refunds are considerably higher this year, as per the reports provided by one of the spokespersons of the department.
- Small mistake can lead to long delays in tax refunds - Jul 23, 2012
- Canada busts single biggest immigration racket - Jan 07, 2011
- E-filing of returns must for people earning over Rs.10 lakh - Jul 02, 2012
- Illinois Governor wants Sears Roeback to remain in state - May 10, 2011
- Tax Extension Form To Shirk Late Penalty - Apr 13, 2010
- File income tax return online: It's easier, secure - Jul 16, 2012
- US Congress extends tax cut, jobless benefits - Feb 18, 2012
- Tax Extension Form In America To Be Obtained By The People Who Have Not Prepared Their Taxes - Apr 13, 2010
- Fake I-T refunds racket cracked - Apr 16, 2012
- Finance Minister outlines measures to 'improve governance' - Feb 28, 2011
- Millionaires Filed for Unemployment Benefits In 2008 - Oct 07, 2010
- Millionaires On Unemployment Benefits: Reports Bloomberg - Oct 07, 2010
- Online lottery legalised by Mamata government: CPI-M - Sep 12, 2011
- New US jobless claims rise - Dec 30, 2011
- Skokie, IL man charged for his role in a tax refund conspiracy - Apr 13, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,