Ill Steve Jobs still actively involved in Apple OperationsApril 11th, 2009 - 4:59 pm ICT by ANI
Cuppertino (California, US), Apr.11 (ANI): Apple Incorporated CEO Steve Jobs remains closely involved in key aspects of running the company, even though he has been on three months medical leave.
Jobs, who is suffering from pancreatic cancer, continues to work on the company’s most important strategies and products from home.
He regularly reviews products and product plans, and was particularly involved in the user interface of the new iPhone operating system that Apple unveiled last month, these people say.
According to Fox News, Jobs is considered the company’s creative leader, and is also involved in the development of future projects. People privy to the company’s strategy say Apple is working on new iPhone models and a portable device that is smaller than its current laptop computers but bigger than the iPhone or iPod Touch.
Jobs, who was treated in 2004 for a rare form of pancreatic cancer, took a medical leave in early January, saying he would return in June and would remain involved in “major strategic decisions while I am out.”
But he has made no public appearances or statements since then, and it has been unclear just how involved he continued to be. Apple has been mum about how Jobs’s absence is affecting daily operations.
Jobs didn’t respond to requests for comment. Apple spokesman Steve Dowling said: “Steve continues to look forward to returning to Apple at the end of June.” (ANI)
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 - Oct 06, 2011
- UN chief pays tribute to Jobs - Oct 07, 2011
- World says iGrieve as Steve Jobs passes away - Oct 06, 2011
- Milestones in a tech legend's journey - Oct 06, 2011
- People speculate that Steve Jobs may have just six weeks to live - Feb 17, 2011
- Tech legend Steve Jobs quits as Apple CEO - Aug 25, 2011
- Apple CEO has just six weeks to live: Report - Feb 17, 2011
- Jobs turns loser Apple into a big winner - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple's iPhone 4S sales top four mn in three days - Oct 18, 2011
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple will find it hard to replace Steeve 'Cool' Jobs (Comment) - Aug 26, 2011
- Jobs demise a great loss: Ratan Tata - Oct 06, 2011
- Mark Papermaster Becomes Latest Victim Of iPhone 4 - Aug 08, 2010
- 'Cancer-stricken' Apple boss Steve Jobs 'may have just 6 weeks to live' - Feb 17, 2011
- Jobs changed the world: Medvedev - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: absence, apple, cancer, ceo, creative leader, dowling, fox news, iphone, ipod touch, laptop computers, models, operating system, public appearances, spokesman, steve jobs, strategic decisions, three months, user interface