IIT Madras signs pact with US firmJuly 11th, 2008 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) Nuance Communications Inc. of the US Friday signed an agreement with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras’s teNet Group to enter into a strategic relationship to develop various innovative applications. TeNet is a coalition of faculties from the electrical engineering, computer science and engineering departments of IIT Madras. Nuance sells voice and productivity-based solutions.
Nuance and TeNet will jointly collaborate to develop applications relevant to the Indian market to adopt speech-based application in e-commerce, remote healthcare and e-governance.
The partners will set up and foster on-campus pilot projects with the aim to help incubate start-ups that will refine, scale and commercialise these solutions.
Nuance will also set up a development and testing lab within teNet.
“This strategic relationship will help us develop innovative applications relevant to the Indian market,” Steve Chambers, president of mobile solutions and customer services at Nuance, said.
“We will also explore engaging the TeNet faculty in an advisory role to provide direction, expertise and guidance with respect to emerging market and technology trends”, Chambers added.
- Experts welcome SIDBI fund for service sector startups - May 21, 2012
- Kerala: Industry majors to support IT product start-ups village - Jul 23, 2012
- Students' ideas ready for incubation in Kerala - Sep 05, 2012
- India's first Startup Village at Kochi - Jan 18, 2012
- Aditi Technologies acquires US cloud computing firm - Nov 21, 2011
- Microsoft to incubate 10 Indian start-ups - May 23, 2012
- Four new NIDs to come up (With Images) - Dec 12, 2011
- Microsoft keen to set up centres in Tamil Nadu - Mar 07, 2012
- Specialised online stores hottest e-commerce start-ups: Survey - Jan 30, 2011
- US, India join hands to promote innovation - Jul 10, 2012
- Play it safe this Valentine's Day! - Feb 13, 2012
- India seeks science & technology-driven partnership with US - Oct 05, 2011
- IIT-Delhi alumni reject new entrance test formula - Jun 28, 2012
- MasterCard, C-SAM to jointly offer mobile wallet service - May 18, 2012
- Sonata Software forms joint venture in Qatar - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: advisory role, based solutions, computer science, customer services, e governance, electrical engineering computer, emerging market, engineering departments, faculties, iit madras, indian institute of technology, institute of technology, mobile solutions, nuance communications inc, pact, pilot projects, steve chambers, technology trends, tenet group, ups