IIT-Kharagpur welcomes budgetary grantFebruary 28th, 2011 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 28 (IANS) The Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur Monday welcomed the special budgetary grant of Rs.200 crore ahead of its diamond jubilee, and said the amount will be used for renovation and upgradation of the institution as also in areas like nano science research.”I presume this amount has been sanctioned following our request to the HRD (human resource development) ministry for a major grant. It will help us in renovating various old buildings of the institute which need major renovation,” said A.K. Majumdar, deputy director of IIT-Kharagpur.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, while presenting the budget 2011 Monday, announced Rs.200 crore as one-time grant to IIT-Kharagpur.
“This grant will also help us in renovating and upgrading various laboratories and infusing world class modern technologies into them. It will help our students a lot. The grant will also help us in different segments of high end researches,” Majumdar told IANS.
“We need modern technology in nano science area. We welcome this grant as this institution will be celebrating its diamond jubilee this year from August 2011-August 2012,” he added.
- President rues no Indian varsity in world's top 200 (Lead) - Sep 17, 2012
- IIT students urged to contribute to socio-economic growth - Aug 28, 2010
- Mukherjee generous to poll-bound Bengal - Mar 01, 2011
- President to visit Bengal from Friday - Sep 13, 2012
- Indian varsities slip in global ranking - Sep 06, 2011
- What's the hurry to bring common entrance test: IIT faculty - Jun 11, 2012
- Health ministry opposes medicine courses in IITs - Apr 22, 2010
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- HCL founder Shiv Nadar to head IIT-Kharagpur's board - Apr 07, 2011
- Bengal to plan for preventing natural calamities - May 26, 2011
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- IIT alumni keen to push Punjab growth - Aug 21, 2010
- One held for duping IIT aspirants - Sep 03, 2010
- IIT-Kharagpur introduces faculty quota - Nov 26, 2009
- President inaugurates PanIIT 2010 conclave - Oct 29, 2010
Tags: crore, deputy director, development ministry, diamond jubilee, finance minister, human resource development, iit kharagpur, indian institute of technology, indian institute of technology kharagpur, institute of technology, majumdar, modern technology, old buildings, pranab mukherjee, renovation, rs 200, science area, science research, segments, upgradation