IIM-Lucknow to hike fees, up student intakeMarch 17th, 2009 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 17 (IANS) Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-Lucknow is all set to hike annual fees, an official said, as the business school, one of the top in the country, Tuesday awarded 230 students their diplomas in the 23rd annual convocation.
“At present, IIM-Lucknow charges Rs.500,000 for the two-year programme. After the hike, the fee would remain in the range of Rs.500,000-900,000,” chairman of board of governors of IIM-Lucknow J.J. Irani said.
“We have to make our finances secure. We are not a profit making body. Taking this into account, we are going for the fee hike,” Irani told reporters on the sidelines of the annual convocation.
He also said that IIM-L is also open to the idea of employing good faculty members on contractual basis.
According to sources, the institute will also increase the number of seats and the students’ intake would be more than 400 from next year.
The former chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) K. Kasturirangan delivered the convocation address.
Kasturirangan talked about how the current age provides an opportunity for India to play a bigger role in the world.
“India’s role and destiny in the world in this context will in turn depend on the quality of her human resources,” Kasturirangan said.
He emphasised on originality in thinking and innovation and said both help making one a pioneer and instil confidence to meet new challenges.
- Fight corruption, IIM-Lucknow graduating students told - Mar 23, 2011
- Future managers asked to address planet earth's problems - Mar 14, 2010
- Two IIMs reduce recruitment fee to attract companies - Mar 10, 2010
- IIM-Lucknow signs accord with US B-school - Sep 01, 2011
- IIM-Lucknow launches new professional course - Jul 21, 2010
- IIM-Lucknow to help train SC, ST candidates - Sep 07, 2012
- We need to look beyond students' fee hike: IIM Calcutta director - Oct 08, 2010
- IIM-Calcutta hikes fees by 50 percent - Apr 03, 2010
- IIM-Lucknow to hike fees - Mar 09, 2009
- IIM-Shillong first B-School to webcast convocation - Apr 02, 2010
- Eight male engineers score 100 percentile in CAT-2010 - Jan 12, 2011
- IIMs want more girls, non-engineering students - Nov 15, 2010
- IIM-Rohtak gets new director - Nov 16, 2010
- Economic centre of gravity shifting to Asia: Mukesh Ambani - Mar 30, 2010
- Over 350 job offers for IIM-Lucknow students - Mar 12, 2010
Tags: board of governors, business school, contractual basis, convocation address, destiny, diplomas, faculty members, fee hike, human resources, iim lucknow, indian institute of management, indian space research, indian space research organisation, institute of management, irani, isro, march 17, originality, pioneer, sidelines