IIM-Calcutta launches financial research labNovember 18th, 2008 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 18 (IANS) The Indian Institute of Management-Calcutta (IIM-C) Tuesday launched a financial research and trading laboratory, the first of its kind in India.”Budgeted at Rs.1 crore (Rs.10 million), this is the first financial research and trading lab in India,” Ajit Balakrishnan, chief executive officer of Rediff.com and IIM-C board chairman, told reporters here.
“It will help students to test financial models with live market information from all major sources across the world, including the NSE, BSE and Bloomberg,” he added.
Asked if this was the right time to launch the project, Balakrishnan said it was. “The global financial meltdown has highlighted the need to create a new breed of finance experts who will be adept at creating and managing risks of innovative financial products such as derivatives.”
The laboratory with 51 terminals will have trading stimulator and data from NSE Cash, NSE Futures and Options (F&O), BSE Cash, NCDEX and MCX, as well as one Bloomberg terminal.
“We are planning to include real-time data of other financial markets like Money and Currency Market, and some more software like Revenpack, NewsAnalytics, Optirisk and Optimization Suite,” said Shekhar Chaudhuri, director of IIM-C.
- IIM-Calcutta to boost research and upgrade lab - Feb 28, 2011
- IIM-C looks to corporates to fund expansion - Apr 03, 2011
- MCX-SX to have 40-stock barometer index - Sep 12, 2012
- IIM-Calcutta goes green - Aug 19, 2010
- IIM-Calcutta to tap corporates for funds - Sep 23, 2011
- IIM-Calcutta gets a gift of knowledge from alumni - Sep 01, 2011
- IIM-Shillong, NSE to offer course in financial markets - Jun 29, 2012
- Finance dominates IIM-Calcutta placements - Mar 10, 2011
- IIM-Calcutta hikes fees by 50 percent - Apr 03, 2010
- IIM-Calcutta to celebrate golden jubilee Nov 14 - Nov 08, 2010
- Finance companies dominate IIM-C placements - Apr 10, 2012
- Sharekhan launches Fortune Finder for stock market investors - Sep 16, 2010
- IIM-Calcutta graduates bag Rs.2 mn in average salary - May 21, 2012
- IIM-Calcutta hikes fees by 50 percent, intake reduced (Lead) - Apr 04, 2010
- Rediff introduces mobile email service - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: 1 crore, ajit balakrishnan, currency market, financial meltdown, futures and options, iim calcutta, indian institute of management calcutta, innovative financial products, optimization suite, real time data