IIM-Ahmedabad hikes tuition fees by Rs.50,000 a yearMarch 29th, 2009 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, March 29 (IANS) The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A), Sunday decided to raise its post-graduate tuition fees for first and second year students by Rs.50,000 annually from the 2010 academic session.
Fees for first-year students will be be increased from Rs.5.5 lakh per annum now to Rs.6 lakh, and that for second-year students from Rs.6 lakh to Rs 6.5 lakh, a senior official of the institute told IANS.
Maintaining that fees were not hiked for the 2009 academic session, he said the IIM-A board of governors took the decision Sunday in the presence of its chairman and industrialist Vijayapat Singhania.
The official said the fee waiver policy for the Other Backward Classes (OBC) students as recommended by the central government in 2007 remains in vogue and there were no changes made in the new fee structure decided Sunday.
IIM-A cited rising operating costs following the implementation of the Sixth Pay Commission recommendations as the reason behind the fee hike.
- We need to look beyond students' fee hike: IIM Calcutta director - Oct 08, 2010
- IIM-Ahmedabad again raises fees for post-graduate course - Mar 30, 2010
- IIM-Calcutta hikes fees by 50 percent - Apr 03, 2010
- Management programme at IIM-A to get expensive from 2010-11 - Mar 29, 2009
- IIM-Calcutta hikes fees by 50 percent, intake reduced (Lead) - Apr 04, 2010
- IIM-A seeks restoration of powers - Jul 22, 2011
- Sibal asks IIMs not to hike fees - Apr 18, 2010
- Court orders Ramjas School to roll back tuition fee hike - Dec 05, 2011
- IIM-A board to meet to decide on fee hike - Apr 23, 2008
- Europe Asia Business School hosts IIM Ahmedabad Confluence 2010 in Pune - Nov 23, 2010
- IIM-A developing sports management course - Jun 23, 2010
- New norms for technical institutes irk managements - Jan 14, 2011
- Court orders rollback of school fee hike - Jul 20, 2011
- Panel on school fee hike to start work from Dec 26 - Dec 23, 2011
- Panel in week to examine school fee hike: Court told - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: academic session, board of governors, central government, commission recommendations, fee hike, fee structure, fee waiver, graduate tuition fees, implementation, indian institute of management, indian institute of management ahmedabad, industrialist, institute of management, post graduate, presence, rs 50, rs 6, session fees, vogue, waiver policy