IIM-A placement process going great gunsFebruary 21st, 2010 - 11:16 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, Feb 21 (IANS) The second phase of the placement process at the Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) is going on well with over 20 offers made Sunday.
Deloitte made 10 offers (including lateral offers) for consulting roles while other regular recruiters like TAS and Feedback ventures offered general management and consulting roles and hired six students each.
According to a statement issued by the IIM-A, Indian investment banks, corporate leadership programme and global fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) operations are among the several prominent cohorts constituting cluster two.
Other recruiters on campus were Hindustan Unilever Limited, Procter & Gamble, American Express, Standard Chartered and Nestle. Apart from the offers extended Sunday, Nestle also is in the process of exclusively hiring IIM-A students for its International Management & Sales Training Programme. This is the first time Nestle is offering this role in India.
According to recruitment secretary, Himanshu Nema: “It is heartening to see recruiters from a variety of sectors taking a liking to the new cohort based process.”
Meanwhile, the IIM-A announced a further delay in the declaration of CAT 2009 results to end of February.
- Global firms line up with offers for IIM-B grads - Nov 02, 2011
- 110 firms in IIM-Ahmedabad placement mela - Mar 12, 2010
- Global firms vie to grab Bangalore biz whizkids - Mar 24, 2012
- New IIM-A placement system receives good response - Feb 14, 2010
- Finance companies dominate IIM-C placements - Apr 10, 2012
- Over 350 job offers for IIM-Lucknow students - Mar 12, 2010
- IIM-A changes recruitment process - Dec 23, 2009
- IIM-A seeks restoration of powers - Jul 22, 2011
- Finance dominates IIM-Calcutta placements - Mar 10, 2011
- IIM-Calcutta graduates bag Rs.2 mn in average salary - May 21, 2012
- IIM-A developing sports management course - Jun 23, 2010
- More offers with dream salaries for IIM-Calcutta - Sep 28, 2010
- Financial sector key recruiter at IIM-Kozhikode - Mar 15, 2010
- Succession planning: the Tata way is exemplary (Comment) - May 19, 2011
- IIM-A summer placement not affected by meltdown - Nov 19, 2008
Tags: american express, cohorts, corporate leadership, deloitte, fast moving consumer goods, general management, great guns, himanshu, hindustan unilever limited, indian institute of management, indian institute of management ahmedabad, indian investment, institute of management, international management, investment banks, management sales, moving consumer goods, procter gamble, second phase, standard chartered