IGNOU to train power sector employeesJanuary 10th, 2010 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 10 (IANS) Aiming to enhance the quality and productivity of power sector workforce in the country, the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Sunday signed an agreement with the power ministry for training its employees.
The university along with the power ministry has developed a programme - Certificate of Competence in Power Distribution (CCPD) - for this. It will train employees in three main areas of power sector functioning - power generation, power transmission and power distribution.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between university Vice-Chancellor V.N. Rajasekharan Pillai and National Power Training Institute (NPTI) Director General N.A.Saxena.
“The MoU envisages a need-based tailor-made academic programme for producing expert technicians and equivalent level manpower engaged in power sector,” said Subhashis Maji, the programme coordinator.
Maji said the main objectives of the programme are to train, assess and certify the skills and competencies of electrical technicians, enhance their quality and productivity through competency-based training and provide better industrial education linkage.
- IGNOU to award skill-recognition degrees to Indian Navy sailors - Jun 24, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
- MTNL inks pact with Welingkar to train talent for telecom industry - Sep 07, 2012
- India, Canada to cooperate in areas of food processing industries: Sahai - Jun 07, 2010
- IGNOU collaborates on Unique Identification Numbers project - Oct 28, 2010
- Apollo Hospitals sign MoU with University College of London - May 21, 2011
- IGNOU inks pact to promote indigenous knowledge - Jul 12, 2011
- IGNOU launches course for central government staff - Oct 28, 2010
- IGNOU to start courses in garmenting, fashion designing - Oct 12, 2009
- Myanmar, Voice of America ink pact - Jun 06, 2012
- UAE, South Korea sign MoU in health care - Mar 15, 2011
- India to help Afghanistan develop tourism - May 27, 2011
- Emirates Identity Authority signs MoU with e-varsity - Jan 07, 2012
Tags: ccpd, competency based training, electrical technicians, equivalent level, expert technicians, generation power, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, industrial education, memorandum of understanding, national open university, npti, pillai, power distribution, power ministry, power sector, power transmission, saxena, sector employees, vice chancellor