iGate proposes to de-list Patni Computer SystemsNovember 16th, 2011 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 16 (IANS) Software major iGate Wednesday moved to de-list its subsidiary Patni Computer Systems from the Indian stock markets and said it will offer public shareholders a minimum price of Rs.356.74 to exit the firm.
The company will also de-list the American Depository Receipts from the New York Stock Exchange in addition to the shares listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange.
iGate the promoter of Patni, holds 80.4 percent of the current paid up equity share capital of the company while some 17,105,993 equity shares, constituting 12.5 percent of the share capital, are with the the public.
iGate said it intended to obtain full ownership of Patni Computer System, providing an attractive exit opportunity to the public shareholders of the company.
“Additionally, the promoters believe that given the low liquidity in the company’s equity shares, the de-listing proposal would provide the public investors of the company with ability to exit fully,” Patni said in a regulatory filing.
Patni’s shares closed 3.78 percent higher at Rs.388.65 at the BSE. The announcement was made after the markets closed.
- iGate acquires majority stake in Patni Computers - Jan 10, 2011
- Nirma shareholders vote for delisting - Nov 22, 2010
- Atlas Copco to delist from Indian bourses - Mar 02, 2011
- Government to sell 10.82 percent stake in SAIL - Jul 20, 2012
- Mexican phone giant delists from foreign exchanges - Dec 21, 2011
- Expert panel suggests sweeping changes in takeover norms - Jul 19, 2010
- Mahindra Satyam to exit American Depository Share programme - Aug 10, 2011
- Government to raise Rs.4,000 crore by selling stake in SAIL (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Satyam to delist shares from Euronext Amsterdam - Apr 14, 2009
- Dunlop says all its shares can now be traded - Jun 01, 2010
- Dunlop board allots shares to convert loan into equity - Apr 29, 2012
- Sensex rises 147.78 points; consumer durables, realty stocks up - Jun 11, 2012
- Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam to merge (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Spanish firm files for delisting from New York Stock Exchange - Feb 24, 2011
- Pirmal Healthcare scrip up 1.62 percent day after Vodafone deal - Aug 11, 2011
Tags: american depository receipts, bombay stock exchange, bse, computer system, computer systems, equity share capital, exit opportunity, igate, indian stock markets, liquidity, national stock exchange, new york stock, new york stock exchange, promoter, promoters, proposal, public investors, public shareholders, subsidiary, york stock exchange