Igarashi Motors to form joint venture with Robert BoschFebruary 15th, 2008 - 8:02 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai Feb 15 (IANS) Chennai-based Igarashi Motors India Ltd (IMIL) has inked an agreement with Robert Bosch GmbH, one of the world’s leading automobile components suppliers, to form a joint venture (JV). The new company will develop, manufacture and sell DC (direct current) motors and systems for windshield wiper, HVAC (heating, ventilating and air-conditioning), engine cooling and window lift applications.
Headquartered in Chennai, the JV’s 59 percent of shares will be owned by Igarashi Motors while the rest will belong to the German company, an IMIL official told IANS from Chennai.
The official added that the operations would start by the end of this year.
In a filing with the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), V.K. Viswanathan, managing director of Bosch Ltd, said: “With this JV, we are expanding our range of products manufactured locally in India. In this way, we offer our local customers the best possible support in the further motorization of India.”
- Kalam unveils Bosch research centre at IISc - Nov 08, 2011
- Bosch Electrical Drives to set up Rs.37-crore plant - May 25, 2011
- Bosch unveils pressure washers for industrial use - Jul 14, 2012
- Bosch to invest Rs.300 crore for capacity expansion - May 03, 2012
- Strong growth prompts Bosch to invest more in India (Lead) - Jun 02, 2011
- Bosch to set up research facility at IISc - Jun 02, 2011
- Fiat launches new versions of Linea and Punto - Jan 04, 2012
- Top level changes at Nissan India, Renault Nissan - Mar 23, 2012
- Lockout in Bosch plant as staff strike for wage hike - Mar 09, 2010
- Fiat to manage distribution of Indian subsidiary - May 02, 2012
- Bosch group to invest Rs.2,500 crore in India - Jun 02, 2011
- TVS to produce bikes in Bengal for eastern India - Oct 29, 2011
- Bosch India net up 31 percent in 2011 - Feb 28, 2012
- GM Recalls 1.5 Million Vehicles Due To Fire Risk! - Jun 09, 2010
- Venu Srinivasan not linked with Sathya Sai trust: TVS Motors - Jun 21, 2011
Tags: air conditioning, automobile components, bombay stock exchange, bse, components suppliers, german company, imil, india ltd, joint venture, managing director, motorization, motors india, mumbai, robert bosch, robert bosch gmbh, viswanathan, windshield wiper