Idea Cellular quarterly net profit rises 32 percentJuly 23rd, 2012 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 23 (IANS) Telecom service provider Idea Cellular Monday posted a 32 percent rise in net profit at Rs.234 crore during the quarter ended June 30 against Rs.177.3 crore in the like period of the previous financial year.
The total income stood at Rs.5,503.7 crore during the quarter under review up 22 percent against Rs.4,520.7 crore during an year-ago period, the company said in a statement.
Idea said that the grim market battle for supremacy has been one of the major factor due to which its revenue performance of last two quarters has slowed down on sequential quarterly basis to only 2.5 percent revenue growth.
Over the last one year, the absolute earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization for the company on a standalone basis has grown by 20.8 percent to Rs.1,288.9 crore from Rs.1,066.6 crore in Q1FY12.
The company also said that the impact of sharp currency depreciation is reflected in interest and finance cost with a forex loss of Rs.245 million in this quarter compared to a forex gain of Rs.135 million in Q4 FY12.
Idea extended its mobile number portability (MNP) leadership with cumulative net gain of 3.5 million customers as on July 10, 2012. The company’s active 3G subscriber base has now expanded to 3.1 million.
The company said it was confident to overcome the current uncertain regulatory phase and emerge stronger, consolidate its position in the voice market and participate aggressively in the evolving wireless broadband business.
- Idea Cellular quarterly net profit declines 12 percent - Jul 29, 2011
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Biocon net up 25 percent for fourth quarter - Apr 28, 2011
- Idea Cellular's third quarter net profit declines - Jan 23, 2012
- Reliance Communications posts Rs.332 crore net profit - May 28, 2012
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Huge forex loss hits MindTree net in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 21, 2011
- Infosys beats guidance but stock dips on muted earnings - Jul 12, 2011
- Infosys profits from weak rupee, lowers dollar guidance (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Jet Airway's posts Rs.123.2 crore net loss in Q1 - Jul 22, 2011
- infosys revenue guidance dips on negative growth (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam's net profit up by six percent - Nov 10, 2011
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Bharti Airtel's quarterly net profit drops - Aug 03, 2011
Tags: 1 million, 5 million, amortization, crore, currency depreciation, earnings, idea cellular, mobile number, net profit, number portability, quarter ended june, quarterly basis, quarters, revenue performance, rs 1, standalone basis, subscriber base, telecom service provider, voice market, wireless broadband