Idea Cellular quarterly net profit at Rs.243.05 croreJanuary 24th, 2011 - 9:26 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 24 (IANS) Telecom service provider Idea Cellular Monday said its consolidated net profit stood at Rs.243.05 crore during the quarter ended December 2010. The net profit for the same period last fiscal stood at Rs.170.11 crore, the company said in a regulatory filing.
However, the figures of the current period are not comparable with those of the corresponding period last year due to the merger of Spice Communications, which came into effect from March 1, 2010, prior to which it was a joint venture, the company said.
The total income for the quarter under review stood at Rs.3,955.61 crore as against Rs.3,149.47 crore in the same period last fiscal.
The total minutes on the operator’s network increased by 10.2 percent due to the improved seasonal demand during the quarter under review.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of the company closed up 1.02 percent at Rs.69.30.
- Idea Cellular's third quarter net profit declines - Jan 23, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's Q3 net profit zooms 19 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- TVS Motor's Q2 net profit up 40 percent - Nov 03, 2011
- SpiceJet's third quarter net loss at Rs.39.26 crore - Feb 06, 2012
- ITC's second quarter net up 21.46 percent - Oct 24, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro's third quarter net profit up 18 percent - Jan 23, 2012
- Dr. Reddy's Lab Q4 net profit down 34 percent - May 13, 2011
- Punjab National Bank quarterly net profit rises - May 04, 2011
- ICICI Bank Q2 net profit rises 21.6 percent - Oct 31, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012
- HDFC Bank third quarter net profit up 31.2 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- BEML posts Rs.14 crore net loss in Q4 of 2011-12 - May 31, 2012
- GAIL's second quarter net up 18.50 percent - Oct 24, 2011
- Tube Investments of India net down Rs.11.59 crore - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: bombay stock exchange, crore, idea cellular, jan 24, joint venture, march 1, merger, net profit, quarter ended december, seasonal demand, spice communications, telecom service provider, which came into effect