ICRA Techno Analytics to pick up majority stake in US firmMay 8th, 2012 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 8 (IANS) City-based software company ICRA Techno Analytics (ICTEAS) will shortly acquire the majority stake in BPA Technologies Inc, a California-based business consulting and technology services firm, a top official of the rating agency ICRA promoted firm said Tuesday.
“We are in the process of picking up majority stake in BPA Technologies. We will shortly buy 50.1 percent stake within the next ten days. And over the next two years we would acquire 25 percent and24.9 per cent stake respectively,” P.K. Choudhury, vice-chairman and group chief executive of ICRA, said here.
“We will complete the process of the entire acquisition by 2014.”
The acquisition of BPA is structured in three tranches over a period of three years. The valuation of BPA would be performance-linked and is estimated at approximately $16 million.
BPA, which has development centres in Chennai and Visakhapatnam, besides a sales and customer service centre in Singapore, is focussed on Enterprise Content Management, Enterprise Portal and Collaboration.
Choudhury said the company, which has its clients in the US, Britain, Asia and Africa, now required a larger presence in the US.
“And BPA gives us exactly what we need. The skill sets of the two companies are complementary, and there is significant convergence in terms of the industry verticals that ICTEAS and BPA focus on,” he added.
- ICRA subsidiary acquires US-based IT firm for $1 million - Mar 20, 2009
- US venture fund invests $15 million in Indian IT firm - Feb 15, 2012
- Ma Foi acquires Axis-V e-learning company - Jul 26, 2012
- MindTree foermer co-founder floats new IT venture - Apr 05, 2011
- Microsoft buys Yammer for $1.2 bn - Jun 26, 2012
- ICRA cautious about rating updates on India - Apr 26, 2012
- Wipro buys Australian analytics firm - May 01, 2012
- Mu Sigma raises $108 million equity fund - Dec 29, 2011
- Unichem Lab gets US nod for Clonidine (Business Capsule) - Aug 27, 2009
- NIIT acquires Spanish IT firm Proyecta - Aug 16, 2011
- Digital media firm Trivone picks up two more portals - May 15, 2012
- Chennai's Shriram Housing aims big in this fiscal - Mar 30, 2012
- Reliance Life looks to next big steps in ties with Nippon - Oct 09, 2011
- Essar denies wrongdoing in acquiring Navbharat power - Sep 05, 2012
- IBM to acquire Netezza for $1.7 billion - Sep 20, 2010
Tags: acquisition, analytics, based software, bpa, chennai, convergence, customer service centre, enterprise content management, enterprise portal, group chief executive, industry verticals, majority stake, management enterprise, percent stake, software company, technologies inc, technology services firm, tranches, vice chairman, visakhapatnam