ICICI Prudential Life joins hands with IIM-CalcuttaJuly 29th, 2008 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 29 (IANS) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Tuesday announced it has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Management-Calcutta (IIM-C) to start a new course focussing on the insurance sector. The course, named as Executive Program in Management and Insurance (EPMI), is targeted at the fresh graduates.
“With the boom in the Indian insurance industry over the last few years, there is an increasing need for skilled professionals in the sector. This course will develop a pool of high quality insurance talent for managerial roles,” said Judhajit Das, human resources chief of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance.
It would be a non-residential, 10-month full-time programme where students would be taught 21 courses and it would be followed by internship.
“On successful completion of the programme each participant would get Successful Completion Certificate from IIM-C. If someone fails in one course or maximum of two courses one would get Certificate of Participation,” said Saibal Chattopadhyay, dean (programme initiatives) and professor of operations management at IIM-C.
“ICICI Prudential Life intends to absorb all students who would pass out successfully in the company at managerial level,” said Das.
Those students who would not clear the programme exam successfully would be absorbed at a level lower than the successful ones. They would mostly be appointed for frontline sales job.
There would be no bond signed between the student and the organisations. After passing the course, if they wish they could join some other organisation, Das added.
IIM-C would enrol 80-100 students in the first batch, which would start in September this year.
All over India, ICICI Prudential Life has tied up with 25 educational institutions for lower level programmes and from this year it is starting higher-level programme in two institutions, IIM-C and Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI). Earlier it has a lower level programme in XLRI, which it is discontinuing now.
The course fee for this programme would be Rs.210,000, Das said.
- IIM-Calcutta gets a gift of knowledge from alumni - Sep 01, 2011
- IIM-Calcutta goes green - Aug 19, 2010
- IIM-C inducts largest ever batch - Jun 24, 2011
- IIM-Calcutta to tap corporates for funds - Sep 23, 2011
- IIM-C looks to corporates to fund expansion - Apr 03, 2011
- IIM-Calcutta graduates bag Rs.2 mn in average salary - May 21, 2012
- IIM-Calcutta hikes fees by 50 percent - Apr 03, 2010
- B-Schools syllabi must correspond to Indian challenges: Minister - Nov 15, 2010
- Finance dominates IIM-Calcutta placements - Mar 10, 2011
- IIM-Calcutta hikes fees by 50 percent, intake reduced (Lead) - Apr 04, 2010
- IIM-Calcutta to celebrate golden jubilee Nov 14 - Nov 08, 2010
- Finance companies dominate IIM-C placements - Apr 10, 2012
- IIM Calcutta to run financial reporting training course - Aug 06, 2008
- IIM-Calcutta to boost research and upgrade lab - Feb 28, 2011
- We need to look beyond students' fee hike: IIM Calcutta director - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: certificate of participation, completion certificate, educational institutions, epmi, executive program, fresh graduates, icici prudential life insurance, iim calcutta, indian institute of management, indian institute of management calcutta, indian insurance, insurance sector, labour relations, managerial level, managerial roles, memorandum of understanding, prudential life insurance, quality insurance, sales job, xavier labour relations institute