ICICI Lombard to insure 3.5 lakh homes in GoaJune 13th, 2011 - 4:29 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, June 13 (IANS) One of India’s biggest health insurance operators, ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Company (ICICI LHIC), will insure nearly 3.5 lakh households in Goa as part of the state government’s universal health insurance scheme, a minister said Monday.
Goa Health Minister Vishwajeet Rane told reporters that ICICI LHIC surpassed six other bidders, including National Insurance Company (NIC) and Tata AIG, to bag the tender.
The universal insurance scheme will be implemented from September this year.
“According to the universal healthcare insurance scheme, all Goan households with less than five members would be covered for primary and secondary health care up to Rs.60,000 annually,” Rane said, adding that the scheme was entirely state-financed.
“We will be providing cashless cards to the beneficiaries, who can, after September, enter any of the empanelled hospitals and get treatment up to the covered amount free of cost,” Rane said.
He added that only those living in Goa for the last five years are eligible for the scheme.
“Goa is the first state to have such a universal insurance scheme,” he said.
- Goa's universal mediclaim scheme by Sep 30: Minister - Sep 16, 2011
- Goa to re-negotiate mediclaim scheme with insurer - Jul 09, 2012
- Over 14.5 million covered under social security programme - Nov 29, 2010
- Will sue BJP leaders over mining charge: Goa minister - Oct 10, 2011
- Cashless health insurance for 4.75 mn domestic workers - Jun 23, 2011
- Now, workers in unorganised sector under health insurance scheme - Jan 12, 2012
- IT sleuths raid Goa cabinet minister's office, factory - Jan 06, 2011
- Expansive health insurance announced for Goan families - Dec 17, 2010
- State-run insurers not to withdraw cashless reimbursement - Aug 17, 2010
- Court stops Goa from privatising hospital - Aug 12, 2011
- Maharashtra launches health insurance scheme for poor - Aug 26, 2011
- BJP to release own report on Goa's illegal mining - Oct 08, 2011
- IndiaFirst Life forays into health insurance - Aug 03, 2011
- Revamped health insurance scheme launched - Jan 11, 2012
- Kamat to present facts on mining scam to Goa Congress - Oct 14, 2011
Tags: aig, beneficiaries, bidders, health insurance, health insurance company, health insurance scheme, health minister, healthcare insurance, households, icici lombard, living in goa, national insurance company, panaji, rane, secondary health care, state government, tata, universal health insurance, universal healthcare, universal insurance