ICICI Bank’s Kamath joins Infosys as directorMay 2nd, 2009 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, May 2 (IANS) Infosys Technologies Ltd appointed K.V. Kamath, non-executive chairman of ICICI Bank, as an additional director to its board, the IT bellwether said Saturday.
“Kamath will serve as an additional director till the company’s annual general meeting (AGM) June 20. He will be inducted as a non-executive director on the board once his appointment is approved by shareholders,” Infosys said in a statement here.
Infosys’ chairman and chief mentor N.R. Narayana Murthy said as an outstanding corporate leader, Kamath succeeded in creating a grand vision for ICICI Bank, India’s second largest lender.
“Implementing such a vision is a rare example of excellent leadership that is at par with the best in the corporate world internationally. His contribution to the Infosys’ board will be significant,” Murthy said.
An alumni of the Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A), Kundapur Vaman Kamath joined ICICI in 1971 when it was a leading Indian financial institution. After a stint at the Asian Development Bank (ADB), Kamath returned to ICICI as its managing director and chief executive in 1996.
Under Kamath’s leadership, the ICICI group transformed into a diversified, technology-driven financial services group, including the bank, which was merged in 2002. He retired from the bank last month.
- K.V. Kamath to head Infosys (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- K.V. Kamath named Infosys chairman (Second Lead, correcting date in Para 2) - Apr 30, 2011
- Infosys names K.V. Kamath as new chairman (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Kamath, the force behind ICICI's rise (Profile) - May 01, 2011
- Renowned banker K.V. Kamath new Infosys chairman (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Infosys inducts four new directors - Jun 11, 2011
- Banker Kamath to succeed Narayana Murthy at Infosys (Roundup) - May 01, 2011
- Can Kamath, the risk taker, change the de-risking mindset in Infosys? (Comment) - May 01, 2011
- Bill Gates wishes Murthy as he retires from Infosys - Aug 20, 2011
- Infosys to decide on Narayana Murthy's successor April 30 - Apr 15, 2011
- Infosys swaps global business heads - Feb 03, 2012
- Infosys braces to face twin challenges of clients - Jun 09, 2012
- IIM-A seeks restoration of powers - Jul 22, 2011
- Infosys drops 'Technologies' from name - May 01, 2011
- Co-founder Narayana Murthy bids adieu to Infosys - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: annual general meeting, asian development bank, bellwether, chief mentor, corporate leader, diversified technology, executive chairman, financial services group, grand vision, icici bank india, indian institute of management, indian institute of management ahmedabad, infosys technologies ltd, institute of management, k v kamath, kundapur vaman kamath, n r narayana murthy, narayana murthy, rare example, vaman