ICICI Bank organises customer outreach programme in LehJuly 23rd, 2012 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 23 (IANS) In its bid to reach out to people in the remote area of Ladakh region, the private sector ICICI Bank organised a programme to bring banking awareness and sensitise public about banks under an RBI initiative.
The objective of the programme in Leh, “You and Your Banking Facility”, a first of its kind, was “to bring banking awareness, educate the general public about banking facilities and inform them about customer grievances redressal mechanisms available to them within the bank as well as with the banking ombudsman in this remote and cold desert area”, said a senior bank official.
The event also showcased stalls educating customers about the various financial products and services available to them. Around 100 customers participated in the programme.
A press release issued by the bank stated that as part of the event, ICICI Bank made a presentation on ’safe banking’. This was followed by a panel discussion, which focussed on issues related to customer service and regulatory measures for improving customer service in the banking sector.
Speaking on the occasion, Saurabh Singh, senior general manger, ICICI Bank, said: “ICICI Bank is pleased to partner with this initiative of Reserve Bank of India. Outreach programmes are an excellent way to help customers understand their rights. ICICI Bank strongly believes that empowered customers are truly responsible.”
Rajeshwar Rao, chief general manager, said: “Customers should be made aware of their rights and responsibilities.”
He further added that the services of the banking ombudsman are free of cost and easy to initiate. He also mentioned that Bank customers should not hesitate to approach the Banking Ombudsman in case they are not satisfied with the bank’s resolution of their grievances.
The organisers also mentioned that the objective of organising such events is to sensitise public about banks, to assess the extent to which the measures taken by RBI/Banks have reached the common man and to get first hand feedback for policy making.
- RBI to sensitise people about money laundering - Nov 16, 2010
- RBI asks people not to invest in illegal finance companies - Aug 31, 2012
- Complaints against private banks decline in Bengal, Sikkim - Aug 25, 2012
- 926 bank branches to accept advance income tax - Aug 22, 2012
- RBI aims to improve banking system in Manipur - Apr 03, 2011
- Banks lower interest rates taking cues from RBI policy - Apr 19, 2012
- World Space Week to be observed from Tuesday - Oct 03, 2011
- RBI, 926 branches of banks to accept advance income tax - Nov 10, 2011
- RBI cautions investors against illegal finance companies - Jan 07, 2012
- WIPRO computerises five cooperative banks - Jul 31, 2012
- Banking services to all Indians by next year: RBI - Mar 26, 2011
- Micro finance will empower north-east, says Tripura minister - Sep 06, 2009
- IOB planning to raise $350 mn through MTNs - May 10, 2011
- New system of cheque clearing causing trouble: RTI applicant - Jul 01, 2010
- Sikkim to become a model banking state in Northeast - Feb 08, 2010
Tags: bank customers, bank of india, banking ombudsman, banking sector, cold desert, customer outreach, desert area, grievances, icici bank, improving customer service, mechanisms, objective, organisers, outreach programme, panel discussion, Press Release, private sector, regulatory measures, reserve bank of india, rights and responsibilities