ICI India to open new paint plant by 2010July 17th, 2008 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 17 (IANS) Paint maker ICI India Ltd announced Thursday that it will set up a new decorative paints plant, with a capacity of over 100 million litres per year, by 2010. Speaking on the sidelines of the annual general meeting of the company, ICI India managing director Rajiv Jain said: “We are looking to put up a greenfield plant, the location for this has not been finalised yet.”
“It would be a decorative paints manufacturing unit. The capacity of the plant would be in excess of 100 million litres a year,” he added.
A project team has already been formed and the company expects to finalise the project by the end of this calendar year.
The company at present has a capacity to manufacture 120 million litres every year. It produces both decorative and refinished paints.
ICI India has existing plants at Mumbai, Chandigarh and Hyderabad. The company last constructed the Chandigarh plant 10 years back.
The company has increased product prices several times in the last three months to deal with the high prices of crude oil, which is a major component of paints.
ICI hiked prices by two to three percent in June and July and intends to increase it by the same percentage in August.
The company has an investible surplus of Rs.10 billion.
ICI also announced that it has posted a net profit of Rs.708 million ($16.85 million) in the first quarter of the current fiscal compared to Rs.228 million over the same period last year.
Jain added that the company has plans to open 300 brand stores, or Design Studios, in the next three years.
- Akzo Nobel adopts new strategy to counter rupee's dipping value - Aug 09, 2012
- AkzoNobel plans to increase paint price - May 07, 2010
- Lumax investing Rs.150 crore on new plants, capacity - Sep 06, 2011
- ICI plans new paint unit in south India - Jul 16, 2009
- Berger Paints to double capacity by 2013-end - Aug 02, 2012
- Berger Paints to infuse Rs.100 crore to hike production - Aug 02, 2011
- Berger Paints to hike prices of decorative products - Feb 14, 2012
- Rane TRW Steering launches power steering fluid - Feb 23, 2011
- Metro Tyres to invest Rs.100 crore to expand production - Jul 05, 2012
- Panacea Biotec commissions anti-cancer unit in Himachal - Mar 29, 2012
- India to launch 16 new nuclear reactors - Jun 01, 2012
- Renault to launch four new models in India by 2012 - Jun 02, 2011
- Daimler India's Bharat Benz trucks to roll on JK Tyres - Feb 06, 2012
- Berger Paints plans to acquire speciality paint company - Jul 29, 2010
- India's largest industrial solar plant operational in Punjab - Jul 29, 2012
Tags: 10 years, 100 million, annual general meeting, calendar year, chandigarh, crude oil, decorative paints, first quarter, greenfield, india ltd, july 17, major component, managing director, net profit, new paint, paint plant, rajiv jain, several times, sidelines, three months