IBM inks $15-million deal with Eureka ForbesJune 8th, 2009 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 8 (IANS) IBM has signed a $15-million (Rs.71-million) outsourcing deal with Eureka Forbes Ltd., a leading Indian health and hygiene solutions firm, to provide business consulting, package implementation, infrastructure and application management services for five years, the global IT major said Monday.
As part of the engagement, IBM’s India subsidiary will take over the IT staff of Eureka Forbes and leverage its research expertise to help improve its customer’s revenue with new tools.
IBM India managing director Shankar Annaswamy said the global IT firm would transform Eureka’s business and facilitate innovation to deliver greater customer value, business growth and operational efficiency.
“As Eureka’s philosophy is to be a friend for life, we believe that we could bring in expertise in business transformation and innovation to create a healthy, happy and safe life for millions of Indians,” Annaswamy said in a statement here.
Eureka managing director Suresh Goklaney said the agreement was first-of-a-kind for IBM in the Indian consumer durable industry, especially in the health and hygiene solutions segment.
“The risk-reward model of engagement will increase product revenue, optimise inventory holding, reduce expenses across the board and increase revenue from annual maintenance contracts,” Goklaney noted.
The Rs.10-billion (Rs.1000-crore) Eureka will work with IBM to enable its sales force go for “intelligent knocking” leveraging the customer relationship management (CRM) solution and handhelds being piloted for the Mumbai region.
- Jet inks $62 mn IT services deal with IBM - Sep 21, 2010
- Wipro bags customer excellence award - Nov 29, 2011
- IMImobile deploys IBM software - Mar 06, 2012
- Aditya Birla Minacs to market Epicor's ERP solutions - Jun 14, 2011
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- IMImobile announces partnership with Tree Worldwide - May 03, 2012
- Indian enterprise software market grows 16 percent in 2010 - Jun 28, 2011
- Wipro partners with Oracle to offer analytics solutions - Sep 03, 2010
- IBM India to offer efficient energy solutions - Mar 12, 2012
- MindTree foermer co-founder floats new IT venture - Apr 05, 2011
- Ramco Systems launches enterprise software - Jun 15, 2011
- 3M unveils Rs.100 crore research centre in Bangalore - Sep 23, 2011
- Subex bags deal from West Asian mobile operator - Mar 06, 2012
- US, India join hands to promote innovation - Jul 10, 2012
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: annual maintenance, application management services, business growth, business transformation, customer relationship management, customer relationship management crm, customer value, director shankar, health and hygiene, hygiene solutions, implementation infrastructure, indian health, maintenance contracts, mumbai region, operational efficiency, package implementation, research expertise, risk reward, safe life, solutions firm