I-T searches conducted at Raymond group officesNovember 3rd, 2011 - 11:44 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 3 (IANS) The Income Tax department Thursday conducted searches at the premises of industrialist Gautam Singhania-led Raymond group in Mumbai and New Delhi over alleged tax evasion, sources said.
A team of over 100 officers from the investigation wing of the Delhi office of the Income Tax department initiated their search operations early Thursday.
“A team from Delhi initiated the searches. We have provided them the required manpower of around 40 staff,” a top official from the department’s Mumbai office told IANS.
He, however, refused to give more details.
Singhania’s office could not be contacted for more details despite repeated attempts.
- IT raids Katrina, Priyanka; seals lockers (Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
- IPL associates under probe, tax raids in multiple cities (Lead) - Apr 21, 2010
- Tax searches on Games contractors widen to 60 premises (Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Now IPL's event management firms, broadcaster under scanner (Lead) - Apr 21, 2010
- I-T conducts nationwide raids to probe alleged irregularities in CWG - Oct 28, 2010
- Steps need to be taken to moderate inflation: Pranab - Jan 08, 2011
- No unaccounted income declared, says Katrina's accountant - Jan 27, 2011
- IT searches homes, offices of TDP MP - Feb 04, 2011
- Now you can call an expert home for filing IT return - Jul 24, 2012
- IPL probe widened, search operations across India (Roundup) - Apr 21, 2010
- Special drive to curb tax evasion in Delhi - Jul 07, 2011
- 2G case: CBI seeks phone transcripts of chartered accountants - Jun 01, 2011
- Income tax raids on pharma company - May 28, 2011
- ED raids Hasan Ali's accountant's premises (Lead) - Mar 23, 2011
- Direct tax code to come into force from April 2012: Pranab - Dec 07, 2011