Hyundai’s February sales down 4.8 percentMarch 1st, 2011 - 4:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 1 (IANS) Automobile major Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) Tuesday reported a decline of 4.8 percent in its sales for February.”HMIL’s total sales for February 2011 stood at 52,007 units as against 54,610 units in February 2010, registering a decline of 4.8 percent,” the company said in a statement.
Domestic sales picked up by 5.3 percent in February at 32,629 units as compared to 31,001 units in the corresponding period of last year.
“Hyundai recorded positive growth supported by steady sales of its compact cars. We expect the average industry growth rate to stabilise in the future months,” said Arvind Saxena, director, marketing and sales, HMIL.
The company, which is the largest exporter of cars in the country, reported a dip of 17.9 percent in its exports for February at 19,378 units as against 23,609 units in February 2010.
Segment-wise sales were led by the company’s compact cars, which includes the Santro, i10, and i20 at 47,167 units, followed by the A3 sedan segment of Accent and Verna with sales of 4,685 units, the A5 luxury-sedan segment of Sonata Transform at 29 units and the sports utility vehicle (SUV) Santa Fe at 126 units.
- Indian automobile sector's February sales soar (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- Hyundai's February sales down, exports fall - Mar 01, 2012
- Auto companies report healthy sales number for February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- Hyundai Motor's November sales up 28.1 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Hyundai's May sales zoom by 16.6 percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's February sales up 15.5 percent - Mar 01, 2011
- Hyundai's September sales up 12.4 percent - Oct 01, 2011
- Hyundai's domestic sales up by six percent - Sep 01, 2012
- Hyundai's March sales grow by one percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Hyundai Motor's April sales up 4.9 percent - May 02, 2012
- Hyundai India's May volume growth up two percent - Jun 01, 2011
- Auto industry posts good sales despite bleak sentiment (Roundup) - Oct 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki's September sales decline 20.8 percent - Oct 01, 2011
- Interest rates, fuel price hike dampen automobile sector (Roundup) - Jun 01, 2011
- Hyundai Motors June sales up 13.6 percent - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: a3, accent, arvind, compact cars, director marketing, february sales, hmil, hyundai, hyundai motor, hyundai motor india, india ltd, largest exporter, march 1, New Delhi, santa fe, saxena, segment, sonata, sports utility vehicle, verna