Hyundai’s August sales grow one percentSeptember 1st, 2011 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 1 (IANS) Automobile major Hyundai Motor India Thursday reported a marginal increase of one percent in its cumulative sales for August at 51,030 units as against 50,6331 units sold in the like period of last year.
“The market continues to be tough and there are no signs of recovery in the immediate future,” said Arvind Saxena, director, marketing and sales, Hyundai Motor India.
According to Saxena, the slowdown in sales is due to the rising fuel prices coupled with high interest rates which has dampened consumer sentiments.
“The rising fuel prices and interest rates have been instrumental in this sluggish market trend,” Saxena said.
Domestic sales dropped by 6.7 percent in August at 26,677 units as compared to 28,601 units sold in the corresponding month of last year.
Exports grew by 10.5 percent in the month under review at 24,353 units as against 22,032 units in August 2010.
Segment-wise cumulative sales in August were led by the company’s best-selling hatchback segment A2, which includes Santro, i10 and i20 at 43,687 units. This was followed by the A3 sedan segment, including Accent and Verna at 7,105 units, luxury sedan Sonata Transform at 12 units and sports utility vehicle (SUV) Santa Fe at 226 units.
- August auto sales slump on high fuel, interest costs (Roundup) - Sep 01, 2011
- Hyundai's domestic sales up by six percent - Sep 01, 2012
- Hyundai Motor's April sales up 4.9 percent - May 02, 2012
- Hyundai's June sales up by 3.5 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Hyundai Motor's July sales down 1.5 percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Hyundai's May sales zoom by 16.6 percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Hyundai Motor's November sales up 28.1 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Hyundai India's May volume growth up two percent - Jun 01, 2011
- July auto sales slump as interest rates, fuel prices rise (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2011
- Hyundai Motors June sales up 13.6 percent - Jul 01, 2011
- Hyundai's February sales down, exports fall - Mar 01, 2012
- Hyundai's February sales down 4.8 percent - Mar 01, 2011
- Hyundai's September sales jumps 14.2 percent, highest ever - Oct 01, 2010
- Hyundai's August car sales zooms 17.2 percent - Sep 01, 2010
- Hyundai Motor sales rise 17 percent in April - May 01, 2010
Tags: a3, arvind, cumulative sales, director marketing, fuel prices, high interest rates, hyundai motor, hyundai motor india, immediate future, marginal increase, market trend, New Delhi, saxena, sentiments, slowdown, sluggish market, sonata, sports utility vehicle, verna, year exports