Hyundai to launch six new cars in next three years (Lead, Superseding earlier story)February 8th, 2011 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 8 (IANS) Automobile major Hyundai Motor India Ltd Tuesday said it intends to launch six new cars in the next three years and is developing a small car that will be placed below its bestseller compact car Santro. “We are planning for six new car launches in the Indian market in the next three years, with two car launches a year,” said Arvind Saxena, director, sales and marketing, Hyundai Motor India.
According to him, the company is in the process of developing a new compact car for the Indian market which would be placed below the Santro hatchback.
The company, which reported low sales figures last month, is now gearing up to meet the surging domestic demand, said Saxena, adding that low exports have been compensated by domestic sales.
The second largest car manufacturer in the country announced that it will be the official car partner to the Cricket World Cup slated to be held in India from later this month.
“Ground transportation is critical to the successful staging of an international event like the ICC Cricket World Cup and Hyundai will endeavour to provide the best transportation option for the players, officials and VIP guests,” said H.W. Park, managing director and chief executive, Hyundai Motor India Limited.
He said the company will spend Rs.200 crore in promotions during the year, including the Cricket World Cup.
- Hyundai to launch six new cars in next three years - Feb 08, 2011
- Hyundai Motor's November sales up 28.1 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Hyundai's September sales up 12.4 percent - Oct 01, 2011
- Hyundai Motor's April sales up 4.9 percent - May 02, 2012
- Hyundai's August sales grow one percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Auto industry posts good sales despite bleak sentiment (Roundup) - Oct 01, 2011
- Hyundai's June sales up by 3.5 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Hyundai Motor India plans new models to beat competition - Sep 24, 2010
- Hyundai's March sales grow by one percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Hyundai's February sales down 4.8 percent - Mar 01, 2011
- Hyundai to increase car prices from January - Dec 07, 2011
- Volkswagen appoints Arvind Saxena as managing director - Aug 22, 2012
- Indian automobile firms close 2010 with stellar sales figures (Roundup) - Jan 01, 2011
- Hyundai's February sales down, exports fall - Mar 01, 2012
- Hyundai and Nissan Motor log growth in July - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: arvind, car manufacturer, compact car, cricket world cup, crore, director sales, endeavour, ground transportation, hyundai motor, hyundai motor india, icc cricket world, icc cricket world cup, india ltd, new cars, players officials, sales and marketing, saxena, small car, transportation option, vip guests