Hyundai to increase production of VernaJune 28th, 2011 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) Automobile major Hyundai Motor India Ltd Tuesday said it was increasing production of the recently launched variant of sedan Verna that has received over 20,000 bookings till date.
“In order to cater to the strong demand, we are trying to increase the production to help us reduce the waiting period and clear the backlog of bookings at the earliest,” said Arvind Saxena, Hyundai’s director for marketing and sales.
The new variant of the sedan was launched in May this year with a price ranging between Rs.699,000-Rs.1,074,500 (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
The sedan is being offered with four engine options of 1.4 litre petrol VTVT engine, 1.6 litre petrol VTVT engine, diesel powered common rail 1.4 litre CRDi engine and 1.6 litre diesel VGT CRDi engine.
“Both the 1.6 litre petrol and the diesel engines are mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission while the manual transmission option is available with all the four engine options,” said the company in a statement.
Currently, the company offers seven models of passenger cars — Santro, i10, i20, Accent, Verna, Sonata Transform and Santa Fe.
- New variant of Hyundai's Santa Fe SUV launched - Sep 26, 2011
- Hyundai launches new sedan Verna Transform - Jun 23, 2010
- Hyundai's May sales zoom by 16.6 percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Renault launches Scala sedan - Sep 07, 2012
- Toyota launches new variants of Corolla Altis sedan - Jun 16, 2011
- Hyundai launches new Elantra - Aug 13, 2012
- Volkswagen to reduce Polo, Vento prices to boost sales - Sep 04, 2012
- Hyundai's domestic sales up by six percent - Sep 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki unveils new Swift DZire - Feb 01, 2012
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011
- Nissan launches mid-size sedan Sunny - Sep 20, 2011
- Hyundai's February sales down 4.8 percent - Mar 01, 2011
- Hyundai Motors June sales up 13.6 percent - Jul 01, 2011
- Hyundai Motor's April sales up 4.9 percent - May 02, 2012
Tags: arvind, automatic transmission, backlog, common rail, diesel engines, engine diesel, engine options, hyundai motor, hyundai motor india, india ltd, litre petrol, manual transmission, New Delhi, passenger cars, rs 1, saxena, seven models, sonata, verna, waiting period