Hyundai to be Official car partner for World Cup 2011February 8th, 2011 - 7:36 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi,Feb.8 (ANI-Business Wire India): Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL), the largest exporter and second largest car manufacturer in India, today announced that HMIL will be the official car partner for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011. Hyundai will also be the official car partner for the International Cricket Council (ICC) from 2011 to 2015, with exclusive category rights.
Speaking on this announcement, H W Park, MD and CEO, HMIL said, “I am pleased to announce our partnership with the International Cricket Council. The ICC Cricket World Cup is one of the biggest sporting extravaganzas, and we are proud to be a part of this event.
Ground transportation is critical to the successful staging of an international event like the ICC Cricket World Cup and Hyundai will endeavour to provide the best and the most luxurious transportation option for the players, officials and VIP guests. Hyundai shares ICC’s deep-rooted passion for cricket and remains committed to supporting the game in the future as well”.
Under this agreement, ICC officials, players and VIP guests will use Hyundai cars for official transportation for the entire duration of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 and the contract extends till 2015. In addition to the World Cup, Hyundai will also be transport partners for the Women’s World Cup and the T20 championship.
The fleet includes the best-selling i10, the luxurious SUV Santa Fe, the powerful Verna Transform and the international favourite - the Sonata Transform.
As a dynamic automotive brand, HMIL has always been connected with sports enthusiasts. Hyundai is also the official transport partner for the FIFA World Cup and it was formerly the naming rights sponsor for the ICC Cricket Awards. With this tie-up, Hyundai aims to continue its association with popular sports like cricket and football.
To generate excitement among its large customer base, HMIL proposes to conduct activities like “Hyundai Fan Park” where its customers can get together and watch the matches live on large screen TV and also in the process enjoy refreshments and win tickets for the matches.
During the World Cup, HMIL will undertake many promotional activities to heighten the enthusiasm and excitement among the ‘cricket crazy’ people of the country. (ANI)
- Team India members to get Hyundai Verna if they win World Cup - Apr 01, 2011
- Cars for every Indian player if team wins the World Cup (Diary) - Apr 01, 2011
- Hyundai to launch six new cars in next three years (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Feb 08, 2011
- Hyundai India sells two millionth car in domestic market - Nov 30, 2010
- Hyundai to launch six new cars in next three years - Feb 08, 2011
- Hyundai's February sales down 4.8 percent - Mar 01, 2011
- Hyundai Motor India hopes to log 16 percent growth - Jun 24, 2010
- Hyundai's May sales zoom by 16.6 percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Hyundai India's May volume growth up two percent - Jun 01, 2011
- Hyundai's March sales grow by one percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Hyundai Motors June sales up 13.6 percent - Jul 01, 2011
- Hyundai's November domestic sales up 12 percent - Dec 01, 2010
- Hyundai Motor's July sales down 1.5 percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Hyundai Motor's April sales up 4.9 percent - May 02, 2012
- November car sales zoom (Second Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
Tags: cricket world cup, cricket world cup 2011, fifa world cup, hyundai cars, hyundai motor, hyundai motor india, icc cricket world, icc cricket world cup, icc cricket world cup 2011, india today, international cricket council, largest exporter, luxurious transportation, players officials, popular sports, sports enthusiasts, transport partner, transport partners, transportation option, vip guests