Hyundai sales up in November on exportsDecember 2nd, 2008 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 2 (IANS) Bucking the current downward trend in auto sales, Hyundai Motor India, one of the leading car makers in the country, Tuesday reported 49 percent jump in November sales over the year-ago period, thanks to high exports.The company’s overall sales stood at 43,105 units (domestic 14,605, exports 28,500) last month as against 28,950 units in November 2007. Though the domestic sales went down by 4,447 units during the period, an increase of 18,602 units in exports helped Hyundai acheive higher growth rate, a company statement said.
However, the November figure is still lower than the previous month sales. Hyundai sold 46,660 units in October 2008.
According to Arvind Saxena, senior vice-president (marketing and sales), the footfalls in the showroom across the country have fallen and it is becoming increasingly challenging to keep the sales ticking.
He said the trend was likely to continue in the coming months.
- South Korea's auto sales grow - Jul 02, 2012
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Hyundai's May sales zoom by 16.6 percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Hyundai and Nissan Motor log growth in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Auto sales remain subdued in June (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sales slowdown for auto companies in May (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Hyundai's June sales up by 3.5 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Hyundai Motor's November sales up 28.1 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Auto-industry's mixed results for November sales - Dec 01, 2011
- Ford's domestic sales up 11 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Strike, interest rates dampen automobile sales - Nov 01, 2011
- Hyundai's August sales grow one percent - Sep 01, 2011
- South Korea's auto sales rebound - Mar 02, 2012
- Hyundai's February sales down, exports fall - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' November domestic sales zoom 44 percent - Dec 01, 2011