Hyundai Motors posts 45.3 percent growth in JuneJuly 1st, 2008 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 1 (IANS) India’s second-largest passenger car manufacturer Hyundai Motors India Ltd (HMIL) has sold 40,182 units during June this year — up 45.3 percent over the corresponding period last year. Of the total sales, the domestic market accounted for 21,881 units, compared to 16,335 units for the same month last year. The exports totalled 18,301 units in June this year against 11,318 units of June last year.
For the period Jan-June 2008, the company closed 234,145 units (domestic 136,194 units, exports 97,951 units) as against 161,296 units (domestic 100,925 units, exports 60,371 units) sold during the corresponding period in 2007.
Commenting on the June, 2008 sales, Arvind Saxena, Sr. vice president - Marketing and Sales, said: “Our sales throughout the first half have grown steadily and in the overseas market the newly launched i10 sold well over 100,000 units in less than six months since its launch.”
The segment-wise cumulative sales in June, 2008 are: A2 Segment (Santro, i10 and Getz): 33,859 units; A3 Segment (Accent and Verna): 6,272 units; A5 Segment (Sonata Embera): 47 units; and SUV Segment (Tucson): 4 units.
- Maruti Suzuki's May sales down five percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Auto sales remain subdued in June (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012
- Tata Motors sales rise 4 percent in May, Nano sales jump - Jun 01, 2012
- Hyundai sales up 17.6 percent - Jul 01, 2009
- Hyundai domestic sales up by about 19 percent - Jul 01, 2010
- Hyundai's May sales zoom by 16.6 percent - Jun 01, 2012
- Hyundai's June sales up by 3.5 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's January sales up eight percent - Feb 02, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's June sales rise 20 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's June sales down six percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Hyundai's domestic sales up by six percent - Sep 01, 2012
- Sales slowdown for auto companies in May (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Hyundai's February sales down, exports fall - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki sales dropped 7 percent in December - Jan 02, 2012
Tags: a3, accent, arvind, car manufacturer, chennai, cumulative sales, getz, hmil, hyundai, hyundai motors india, india ltd, july 1, launch, passenger car, period jan, saxena, segment, sonata, sonata embera, vice president marketing