Hyundai launches new i20 compact carApril 7th, 2010 - 2:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) Wednesday launched a new i20 car with two additional variants - Era and Sportz - priced in the range of Rs.4.51-5.31 lakh.
“We are pleased to announce the launch of the i20 with new features and two additional variants. While the variants are targeted at our customers who have different needs, the new features will make it even more desirable for our customers,” said H.W. Park, managing director and chief executive of India’s second largest car manufacturer.
The new i20 is the first in the compact car segment to have six-speed manual transmission gears in the diesel variant which facilitates smooth and fuel efficient driving even on highways.
It also features a fully automatic temperature control system and an in-built USB port along with a burglar alarm and steering wheel with audio remote.
The two new variants are positioned between the existing variants - Magna and Asta.
Era is available in both petrol and diesel engine which comply with the recently introduced BSIV emission norms.
- Hyundai launches three-new LPG powered variants of Eon - Jan 16, 2012
- New variant of Hyundai's Santa Fe SUV launched - Sep 26, 2011
- Hyundai launches new Elantra - Aug 13, 2012
- Bookings for Hyundai's compact car Eon from Oct 1 - Sep 30, 2011
- Volkswagen to reduce Polo, Vento prices to boost sales - Sep 04, 2012
- Hyundai drives in Santa Fe, to cost Rs.20 lakh - Oct 14, 2010
- Hyundai to expand capacity in India - Oct 18, 2011
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- Renault enters compact car segment with Pulse launch - Jan 06, 2012
- Hyundai launches all new i10 - Sep 23, 2010
- General Motors launches new Cruze model - Jun 27, 2012
- Hyundai to produce more cars for Indian market, cut exports - Aug 06, 2010
- Hyundai to be Official car partner for World Cup 2011 - Feb 08, 2011
- Hyundai India sells two millionth car in domestic market - Nov 30, 2010
- Hyundai launches LPG variant of hatchback i10 - Nov 22, 2011
Tags: automatic temperature control, burglar alarm, car manufacturer, car segment, compact car, diesel engine, emission norms, gears, hmil, hyundai motor, hyundai motor india, india ltd, launch, manual transmission, petrol, sportz, steering wheel, temperature control system, transmission gears, usb port