Hyundai and Nissan Motor log growth in JulyAugust 1st, 2012 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 1 (IANS) Hyundai Motor India, the Indian subsidiary of South Korean auto major Hyundai Motor, Wednesday announced that it closed July with a 6.4 percent sales growth over the like month of 2011.
In a statement, the company said last month sold 52,845 units (domestic 27,585 units, exports 25,260 units), up from 49,666 units (domestic 25,642 units, exports 24,024 units) logged in July 2011.
“The overall market demand is suppressed due to general inflationary trend, high fuel prices and interest rates. Unless any major triggers get activated, market sentiment is not expected to improve very much,” Rakesh Srivastava, vice president (National Sales) at Hyundai Motor said.
Nissan Motor India, the Indian subsidiary of Japanese Nissan Motor Company, declared that its July sales was 3,481 units, up from 1,593 units sold in July 2011.
The company said the sales numbers were driven by ints entry level sedan Nissan Sunny accounting for 2,436 units. The company’s compact hatchback Micra logged 1,028 units. The rest of the sales comprised of Nissan Teana, X-trail, and Nissan 370Z.
“With this current sales growth trend, we are sure, will further expand with the launch of Evalia later this year helping us establish as a dominant player at the Indian marketplace,” said Ishida Takayuki, managing director.
The urban utility vehicle Evalia will be produced later this year.
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Nissan, Honda Motorcycle log good growth in June - Jul 02, 2012
- Top level changes at Nissan India, Renault Nissan - Mar 23, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar, Nissan Motor India sales up in May - Jun 01, 2012
- Nissan India sells over 1,600 cars in June - Jul 01, 2011
- Micra drives up Nissan sales - Mar 01, 2011
- Ford India and Nissan register sales growth in November - Dec 01, 2011
- Nissan, Ford post higher sales in March - Apr 01, 2011
- India's car makers begin 2011 with impressive sales growth - Feb 01, 2011
- Nissan Motor sells one Micra more in September - Oct 04, 2010
- Nissan Motor sells 1,249 cars in August - Sep 01, 2010
- Indian auto makers log good sales growth in July - Aug 02, 2010
- July auto sales slump as interest rates, fuel prices rise (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2011
- Hyundai Motor's July sales down 1.5 percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Indian auto makers post good sales growth in August (Lead) - Sep 01, 2010
Tags: chennai, current sales, dominant player, evalia, fuel prices, growth trend, hyundai motor, hyundai motor india, indian marketplace, indian subsidiary, launch, market sentiment, micra, nissan 370z, nissan motor, nissan motor company, nissan teana, sales numbers, south korean, x trail