Hydropower generation resumes in HimachalJuly 30th, 2012 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 30 (IANS) Hydro-power generation in Himachal Pradesh resumed Monday morning more than seven hours after the Northern Grid collapsed and stopped electricity production, an official of the state electricity board said here.
“Power generation in all hydro-power projects was resumed around 9 a.m. The projects stopped generation after a snag in the northern grid at 2.32 a.m.,” an official at the Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board told IANS.
“The generation is now normal in our plant,” V.K. Verma, deputy general manager of Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd. that operates the 1,500 MW Nathpa-Jhakri project in Kinnaur district, told IANS.
The state-run Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board has 21 hydro-power projects across the state with a combined optimum generation capacity of 8.5 million energy units a day.
Now all the projects are generating optimum power, the board officials said.
Power generation in private projects had also resumed.
Meanwhile, power supply has been restored in the entire hill state.
- Power supply restored in Himachal - Jul 31, 2012
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Rising silt keeps Himachal hydropower plants shut - Aug 21, 2012
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
- SJVNL's second plant to start power generation in December - Jul 25, 2012
- Himachal hydropower plants remain shut for third day - Aug 22, 2012
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- Himachal hydropower generation hit by extreme cold - Jan 22, 2012
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- Record generation by Himachal hydropower unit - Jun 05, 2010
- Jaypee's Himachal hydro unit to be commissioned May 15 - May 11, 2011
- Chill freezes Himachal's hydropower generation - Oct 14, 2011
- Himachal remains 'power-full' after bountiful monsoon - Dec 18, 2010
- Second SJVNL hydro project to be commissioned by 2013 - Feb 08, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.333.9 crore dividend - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: 5 million, board officials, electricity production, energy units, generation capacity, hydro power generation, hydro power projects, jal, monday morning, nigam ltd, northern grid, optimum power, power supply, private projects, seven hours, shimla, snag, state electricity board, v k verma, vidyut