Hydroelectric Power Corp to commission two projects by 2009-endMarch 13th, 2009 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) State-run National Hydroelectric Power Corp (NHPC) plans to commission two of its projects with a combined capacity of over 250 MW by 2009-end, a top official said here Friday.
“We plan to commission one of the Teesta hydro-electric projects (in West Bengal) with 132 MW capacity and the 120-MW Sewa-II project in Jammu and Kashmir by December this year,” NHPC chairman and managing director S.K. Garg told reporters.
Eleven projects of the company are under construction, of which the remaining eight are expected to be completed by 2011.
NHPC is planning to double its power generation capacity from the present 5,200 MW by 2012 for which it has outlined expansion plans worth Rs.280 billion. NHPC accounts for over three percent of India’s installed power generation capacity of nearly 144,000 MW.
Asked about the company’s proposed initial public offering (IPO), Garg said the issue was put on hold due to volatile market conditions.
NHPC had proposed to come up with an IPO last year to raise Rs.16.7 billion (Rs.1,670 crore) for funding its power generation projects, but the plan was later put off.
The power giant has approached domestic bankers for raising funds, Garg said.
The company has already tied up with state-run Power Finance Corp (PFC) for about Rs.40 billion and with Life Insurance Corp (LIC) for nearly Rs.65 billion, he added.
- High court permits usage of water cess levied on NHPC - Mar 31, 2012
- National Hydroelectric to approach SEBI to expedite IPO offer - Aug 05, 2008
- CAG unravels Rs.14,000 crore cost overruns in hydro projects - Aug 31, 2012
- Hydropower firms owe Rs.264 crore to Himachal government - Aug 28, 2012
- Kashmir focuses on smaller hydroelectric projects - Oct 19, 2011
- Himachal hydropower plants remain shut for third day - Aug 22, 2012
- Jaypee's hydro project in Himachal starts partial generation - Jun 06, 2011
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Jaypee announces amalgamation of three group entities - Feb 14, 2011
- Energy firm Soham raises Rs.125 crore from SBI fund - Nov 07, 2011
- Jammu and Kashmir has huge power deficit - Feb 25, 2011
- Kashmir minister lambasts NHPC for 'resource drainage' - Jun 06, 2011
- Himachal legislator seeks probe into Jaypee's project - Mar 27, 2012
- Companies deferring public issue in bearish markets - Nov 28, 2011
- Omar for financially self-reliant Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 24, 2012
Tags: crore, electric projects, garg, hydro electric, hydroelectric power, initial public offering, initial public offering ipo, jammu and kashmir, mw capacity, nhpc, pfc, power finance, power generation capacity, power generation projects, power giant, rs 1, rs 40, teesta, volatile market conditions, west bengal