Hyderabad airport signs MoU with Jet for fleet maintenanceJanuary 22nd, 2010 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 22 (IANS) GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd (GHIAL) Friday signed a memorandum of understanding with Jet Airways for heavy maintenance services of their entire fleet of over 100 aircraft for 10 years.
GHIAL also entered into MoUs with Malaysia Airports Consultancy Services (MACS) for the commercial development of Hyderabad airport and with Asia Pacific Flight Training Sdn. Bhd to set up an ab-initio flight training.
All the three MoUs were signed in Chennai in the presence of Malaysian Prime Minister Mohd Najib bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak, said a statement by GHIAL here.
MAS GMR Aerospace Engineering Company Pvt Ltd (MAG), a 50:50 joint venture between Malaysian Aerospace Engineering and GHIAL, entered into an MoU with Jet Airways for providing exclusive heavy maintenance services to their fleet of over 100 aircraft over the next 10 years in Hyderabad at the upcoming MRO facility.
The facility will enable Jet Airways effect cost savings and considerably reduce downtime for each aircraft, the statement said.
- 'India aiming to be among top five aviation markets' - Mar 14, 2012
- Dreamliner, Sukhoi Superjet to be showcased at India Aviation - Mar 10, 2012
- Hyderabad airport handled 8.6 million passengers last year - Apr 12, 2012
- For private jets, corporate India is wind beneath wings - Apr 28, 2011
- Cathay Pacific launches cargo service to Hyderabad - May 17, 2012
- Hyderabad airport aiming to become a cargo hub - Apr 12, 2012
- IndiGo launches Dubai-Hyderabad daily flight - Aug 07, 2012
- Hyderabad international airport bags award - Feb 29, 2012
- Rationalise tax structure for aviation sector: Assocham - Nov 12, 2011
- India's need for aerospace engineers to grow: Experts - Feb 05, 2012
- Air India's new MRO coming up in Nagpur - Sep 04, 2012
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- B-787 Dreamliner in Air India livery to be showcased next month - Feb 27, 2012
- GMR, Malaysia Airlines to set up aircraft repair facility - Feb 27, 2009
- Mumbai to host major aviation conference - Mar 06, 2011
Tags: ab initio, aerospace engineering company, airport signs, asia pacific, chennai, company pvt, downtime, fleet maintenance, flight training, gmr, heavy maintenance, hyderabad airport, international airport ltd, jet airways, maintenance services, malaysia airports, malaysian prime minister, memorandum of understanding, mous, pvt ltd