Hungarian mining firm gets nod for titanium separationJuly 4th, 2008 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) A Hungarian company has secured Finance Minister P. Chidambaram’s permission to invest Rs.240 million ($6 million) for a 74 percent stake in a company that will mine and separate titanium-bearing minerals. The approval to Global Energy Mining and Minerals KFT of Hungary was given, based on a recommendations of the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), said an official statement Friday.
This was part of Chidambaram’s approvals to 28 proposals for foreign direct investment, involving a new inflow of foreign exchange to the tune of Rs.13 billion ($325 million).
Other proposals that have secured the finance minister’s approval include Britain’s Marks and Spencer and Belgium’s Pearle for single-brand retail chains, Macmillian for publishing speciality magazine, and Mikuni of Japan for auto components.
- Government says no wrongdoing in clearing Aircel-Maxis deal (Second Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 16 FDI proposals worth over $20 million accepted - Jun 07, 2011
- Eight FDI proposals approved - Dec 15, 2010
- India clears 22 FDI proposals worth $112.5 million - Apr 20, 2012
- Government okays 14 FDI proposals worth Rs.1,584 crore - Jul 24, 2012
- Government okays FDI proposals worth Rs.4,341 crore - Jan 13, 2011
- Government approves 28 FDI proposals worth Rs.13.27 billion (Lead) - Jul 04, 2008
- CCEA reviews list of cases requiring prior approval for FDI - Feb 11, 2010
- Govt okays 19 FDI proposals worth $959 million (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Aircel-Maxis deal: Government denies wrongdoing (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- India clears 20 FDI proposals worth $373 million - Jan 10, 2012
- Finance minister can approve bigger foreign direct investments now - Feb 11, 2010
- Finance ministry okays FDI in multi-brand retail - Nov 17, 2011
- No equity in any telecom firm: Chidambaram - May 14, 2012
- India okays 18 FDI proposals - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: auto components, finance minister, fipb, foreign direct investment, foreign exchange, foreign investment promotion board, global energy, hungarian company, inflow, investment promotion board, kft, marks and spencer, mikuni, mining and minerals, New Delhi, nod, p chidambaram, pearle, retail chains, s marks