Hulu Plus Makes Debut, But Can It Compete With Netflix?June 30th, 2010 - 8:03 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
June 30, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Hulu has launched a preview of its new subscription service named Hulu Plus for $9.99-a-month. It basically streams TV content to the HDTVs that can connect to the web and the iPad and iPhone users can also avail it. The users can get 720 p HD content and it supports a lot of mobile phones, Laptops and tablets available in the market. The interested users can visit the Hulu site for signing up for the service. However Hulu has not said when the service will become fully available. Hulu is known for its broad range of TV content. It acquires content from networks like NBC, ABC and Fox and the list is only going up with time. It is owned jointly by The Walt Disney Company and NBC Universal.
Hulu also releases popular TV series shown on the popular networks. The owners of new Samsung connected devices 2010 including the Blu-ray Home Theater systems and LED TVs will be able to avail the new service. The upside of the Hulu plus service is that it steams over both Wi Fi and 3G. This means that the 3G phone users will see no performance lag or degradation in quality at all.
Hulu has also assured that the Hulu Plus service will also be made available for the PS3 users shortly. Even the support for Microsoft Xbox 360 will arrive in early next year. Within a few months supported devices will include palm phones, Blackberry and LG LED TV and Blu Ray Players. The early reviews by the iPad and iPhone users are largely positive. However, it is hard to say if it will be able to make a dent in the market dominated by established players like Netflix.
- Netflix Jazzing Up Its Service With Several Enhancements - Oct 21, 2010
- Hulu Plus All Set to Launch on PS3 - Nov 06, 2010
- Steve Jobs makes surprise appearance to unveil iPad2 - Mar 03, 2011
- Sony Dash Comes With Hulu Plus Support Now - Dec 09, 2010
- Intel-powered smartphone, tablet to enter market in 2012 - Dec 22, 2011
- What do your smartphones and laptops say about you? - Nov 19, 2010
- NBC Adds To Netflix Finally - Sep 27, 2010
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- Netflix App Headed For Android Market - Aug 12, 2010
- Hulu Now Available In New Sony LED TVs - Oct 14, 2010
- Apple releases preview of new Mac operating system - Feb 17, 2012
- Microsoft X-Box Slim Release Date Announced At E3 - Jun 15, 2010
- Apple's iPhone 4S sales top four mn in three days - Oct 18, 2011
- Apple iPad available for Rs.27,900 in India - Jan 28, 2011
- Apple To Launch Next Versions Of iPhone And iPad - Jan 19, 2011
Tags: 3g phone, blu ray players, hdtvs, home theater systems, hulu, interested users, ipad, iphone, microsoft xbox, nbc, netflix, new subscription service, phone users, popular tv series, ranjan, tv content, walt disney, walt disney company, wi fi, xbox 360