Huawei to launch 10 to 12 new productsJune 16th, 2011 - 10:31 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 16 (IANS) Huawei Devices, the Indian subsidiary of Chinese telecom major Huawei Technologies, plans to launch 10-12 new products, including tablets and 3G-based phones, this year.
Launching three new smart phones here, Huawei India Devices director P. Sanjeev told reporters Thursday that the firm planned to unveil tablets by the end of third quarter. The tablets will cost less than Rs.25,000.
Huwaei Devices, which sold 25 million units in mobile broadband, home convergence and smart phone segments in India since 2004, expects 10 to 15 percent growth during the current financial year.
The company’s revenues in last fiscal were $490 million. India contributes 10 percent to Huawei’s global revenues of $28 billion.
Sanjeev said the firm planned to invest $2 billion in India over the next five years.
“The investment will be for research and development, for developing India specific products, for manufacturing facility in Chennai and marketing,” he said.
Huawei India Device marketing director Anand Narang said the firm would focus on 38 percent of the Indian device market of above Rs.3,000 smart phones.
About 150 million handsets were sold in India last year while the forecast for the current year is 170 million.
Huwaei aims to capture five to seven percent of 38 percent market share by 2013 and 15 percent by 2015.
It has set up a 200-member production creation centre in Bangalore to develop products for Indian market. It will develop software with local content in Indian languages.
The R&D; centre in Bangalore already has 3,200 employees. The company employs 6,500 people in 16 offices across the country.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- Huawei to design mobile handsets for Indian market - Jun 15, 2011
- Huawei eyes 15 percent market share in handset sales by 2015 - Jun 08, 2011
- IT product firm Ittiam posts $20 million revenue - Mar 21, 2012
- Low cost tablets gain market share - Aug 12, 2012
- Antenna Software plans expansion in India - Mar 10, 2011
- Sandisk unveils latest flash drives - Jun 20, 2012
- Indian handsets market reports 5 percent drop in revenues - Jul 09, 2012
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- Pressmart launches tablet-based education solution - Jul 02, 2012
- Indian telecom industry's revenue plunges 2.52 percent - Jun 22, 2011
- Not stopping PlayBook tablet, says BlackBerry - Jul 19, 2011
- MVAS to create Rs.48,000 crore business opportunity by 2015 - Jul 06, 2012
- Indian mobile handsets market grows 10 percent in 2011 - Mar 01, 2012
- BlackBerry tablet to hit India within a month - Jun 11, 2011
- Mini-laptop market to shrink by 40 mn in 2012 - Dec 08, 2011
Tags: asian news, bangalore, chennai, convergence, d centre, global revenues, handsets, huawei technologies, indian languages, indian subsidiary, indo, local content, market share, next five years, sanjeev, service ms, smart phone, smart phones, specific products, vd