HSBC to cut 330 jobs in BritainDecember 6th, 2011 - 4:04 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 6 (IANS) Global banking giant HSBC will cut 330 jobs in Britain due to “the very challenging economic environment”.
The job cuts will mainly come from the commercial banking arm of HSBC in Britain, Xinhua reported.
The bank is also shedding jobs in retail banking, wealth management and technology services.
“Every effort is being made to support impacted employees and redeploy as many people as possible within the bank,” said Joe Garner, a senior HSBC official.
Britain’s largest trade union Unite said the job cut, announced just three weeks before Christmas, was “disgraceful”.
The London-headquartered bank said in August it would cut another 25,000 jobs by 2013.
- HSBC to cut 25,000 jobs by 2013 - Aug 02, 2011
- Swiss bank UBS to cut 3,500 jobs - Aug 24, 2011
- Unions protest HSBC's plan to axe 3,000 jobs in Hong Kong - Sep 08, 2011
- HSBC to axe 10,000 people - Jul 31, 2011
- HSBC to cut another 25,000 jobs despite rise in profits - Aug 02, 2011
- HSBC to cut 30,000 jobs worldwide - Aug 02, 2011
- RBS to cut 3,500 jobs worldwide - Jan 12, 2012
- US senate probe blames HSBC for money laundering - Jul 17, 2012
- Britain's jobless rate to hit 9 percent - Mar 06, 2012
- Yahoo! to cut another 2,000 jobs in restructuring effort - Apr 04, 2012
- London police arrest man in connection with UBS trading loss - Sep 15, 2011
- Britain unveils annual budget - Mar 21, 2012
- MNS protests wrongful sacking of HSBC employees - May 04, 2012
- Air France to cut 4,400 jobs by 2013 - Jun 25, 2010
- Boeing to cut over 2,000 jobs at US plant - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: britain london, christmas, economic environment, giant, global banking, hsbc, job cuts, jobs in britain, joe garner, retail banking, technology services, wealth management, weeks before christmas, xinhua